Ways to increase rof in an aeg? Need help!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by LegacyAirsoft, Nov 22, 2012.

1. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    I am in the middle of my DBoys SCAR build and I need a couple suggestions.

Here's what I have done:
    Shim
    Grease
    AOE correction
    Lonex red motor
    Lonex POM piston head
    Guarder sp100 spring
    9.6v battery

Here's what I plan to do:
    Wire to deans
    16ga wiring
    NanoFet
    Matrix 16:1 gearset
    Put in a guarder sp110 spring
    Modify o-ring air nozzle
    Matrix reinforced spring guide
    Matrix 7mm bushings
    Swiss cheese piston
    Remove ball bearings from piston head

1. With this setup I cannot find a guarder sp110 spring right now, do you know which spring from what company will avoid pre engagement but also keep my fps ~ 380. Need help fast!

2. Is there anything I should change that will increase my rof a bit more? I want to stay under 30 rps

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Depends how fast you want the ROF to be.
    20rps? 25? 30?

While you're at it, replace the motor if it doesn't already have neo magnets.

Also, how much are you willing to spend?

3. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I am shooting 21rps atm and would like to get between 25 and 30. I don't want to go over $100.00 and I am in love with the lonex motor so far so that will probably be the last thing I change.

4. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Yeah don't change the motor. It's great, the parts list looks great. Wiring to deans alone might add 1-3 bps.

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Oops. Didn't see the lonex motor. Keep that.

I recommend switching to lipos. An 11.1v will put you above your rof goal. A good powered 7.4v should meet it about.

6. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Ok I'll do some research on them, but if I get some LiPo batteries should I use xt60 connectors over deans? And would I need to upgrade my wiring/add a MOSFET???

7. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    For a 7.4v 20c lipo your fine without a mosfet. Deans are fine and take less space. Also swiss cheesing will just increase your fps, contrary to popular belief it barely does anything for your ROF. It's good for preventing pre engagement though, but with a m110 spring at your desired fps you'd be fine anyway.

8. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Mind explaining thoroughly how Swiss cheesing increasing fps?

9. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I think S1kkguy is saying something along the lines of: a lighter piston moves faster therefore creating more compression in the cylinder which some how equates to more fps?

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You may affect FPS by lightening the piston, but I doubt the effect is anything more than negligible. I consider swisscheesing a reliability mod for high speed setups. With an M120 (SP110) spring, 16:1 ratio gears, your motor, and a good 11,1v li-po, you should hit roughly 35rps. I'm getting 32rps with the A2 and 16:1 ratio gears, so you should get a bit more with the A1. I definitely recommend Lonex 16:1 ratio gears over SHS. Why you ask? Because Lonex know what quality control is.

Seems like you got a pretty good plan for this build, just remember to be patient and I'm sure this build will get together nicely.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Eh, SHS fixed the problem.
    It was their 2nd batch that had that bevel stripping issues.

12. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Ok so I will replace wiring and add a MOSFET when I convert to deans. I will also put in some 16:1 ratio gears and the sp110 with some other little upgrades (like air nozzle, spring guide, etc.

Edit: let's say I get some 16awg wiring, how would I put it in with a MOSFET? (Nanofet from clandestine)

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Have they also fixed the problem with spur and sector gears being grossly unbalanced, and the oocational sector having severely disformed piston teeth? I'm done with SHS...

14. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yep, I think they tried to change the material mixture for the metal in the 2nd batch and ended up f'ing up everything.
    The sector even shortstroked itself....

15. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Hit the nail on the head mate. Results will depend on the before and after weight of the piston. My 7steel teeth piston got down to 15g from 23, increasing my FPS by about 20. So yeah it is noticeable.

Edit: Both the weights included the a polycarb ported pistonhead with no bearings. Material of the piston was also polycarb.

16. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I am in the middle of my DBoys SCAR build and I need a couple suggestions.

Here's what I have done:
    Shim
    Grease
    AOE correction
    Lonex red motor
    Lonex POM piston head
    Guarder sp100 spring
    9.6v battery

Here's what I plan to do:
    Wire to deans
    16ga wiring
    NanoFet
    Matrix 16:1 gearset
    Put in a guarder sp110 spring
    Modify o-ring air nozzle
    Matrix reinforced spring guide
    Matrix 7mm bushings
    Swiss cheese piston
    Remove ball bearings from piston head

1. With this setup I cannot find a guarder sp110 spring right now, do you know which spring from what company will avoid pre engagement but also keep my fps ~ 380. Need help fast!

2. Is there anything I should change that will increase my rof a bit more? I want to stay under 30 rps

17. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    What piston are you running? Keep it light and you shouldn't hit PE.
    You can also run an M120 and SS a tooth or two. Depends on your barrel length though.

Throw away that 9.6 and get a 7.4.

18. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    I will work on getting LiPos and I am running a stock polycarb piston, since I cant find the guarder sp110 which spring should i use instead? (I ask because I know that the guarder springs usually run a little hot and i don't want to get a weak spring and have pre-engagement problems or no increase in fps from my sp100).

19. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012