Wd40

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by cbm4399, Aug 17, 2012.

1. cbm4399

cbm4399 New Member

I know that you shouldn't use WD40 in an airsoft gun, but what about WD40 brand Silicone Spray? Is that okay?

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Silicone spray doesn't have any purpose in an AEG IMO. If it's 100% pure silicone spray, no petroleum, it should be suitable for lubing GBB slides and such.

3. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I'd try to avoid it unless it's 100% pure silicone. But anything in an aerosol can is slightly corrosive to rubber(?) due to the fact that it is aerosol and not a true liquid.

4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    As long as it isn't petroleum, and doesn't spray, you can use it. If it doesn't say that it doesn't contain petroleum, check to see if it is flammable, if so, don't buy it.

5. cbm4399

cbm4399 New Member

Dangit it's extremely flammable

6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I always check for that when I go to buy lube for my gun when I don't have the time to get it online.

If you want something good for cheap, there is one in walmart that I really like.
    Its used to clean real steel guns, but it doesn't contain petroleum and it doesn't contain anything flammable.

Its called Hoppe's elite gun oil

Its a little black drip bottle with an orange label. Works really well.

7. cbm4399

cbm4399 New Member

Thanks alot I'll check it out

8. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    If I were you I'd get some silicon oil from an online retailer like ASGI or Evike. Thats what I did and I guess better safe than sorry.

9. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    This is the best idea, but if you have one of the following problems, I suggest you buy Hoppe's Elite gun oil at walmart:
    -you cannot wait for shipping/ you are in a hurry
    -you don't have a paypal account or credit card
    -you lack funds for a more high quality oil (such as silicone oil purchased online)

10. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Even stuff from airsoft stores might not be the right stuff. You could look for some RC car shock oil. That's a better idea. Or just look around until you find the right stuff in a bigger can at a hardware store. More for your money.

11. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    However if you do make a mistake with the stuff you bought at the hardware store, there is a possibility of ruining you gun's seals or even ruining you gun...

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
  13. Stupidsexymonster

Stupidsexymonster New Member

San Francisco
    so is there no real silicone oil that we can get at hardware stores then ?