WE 1911 Gas Problem

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by GreenBerets, Jan 6, 2013.

1. GreenBerets

GreenBerets New Member

I have a WE 1911 MEU and I really like it other than one problem. Every time I load it with gas, it only fires like 7 shots before the gas dies. I have tried getting a new magazine but it still does it. What am I doing wrong? (There weren't any other threads I could find regarding my problem)

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    Mine leaks, and sometimes the slide locks up during use, the only advice I have for you is "hey, it's a WE whatdya expect?"

3. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

I was just going to say that Lol.

4. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    For starters thats abnormal. Shouldn't be doing that, WE or not.
    First and foremost there are gas efficiency mods out there you should do for any WE( but be warned, some can screw your gun up if done wrong...)
    Anyways. It may be the mag; some mags just leak, new or not.
    Have you oiled your mag? If you havent even after only a little while it can cause major issues. O-ring drying can happen almost instantly. To try to fix this, periodically after and before use spray silicone oil (remember, no petroleum, it will makes a difference) on the inlet (where you put the gas in), and on the outlet and outlet valve. To do that press the valve on the back of the mag and spray some in and open and lose the valve a few times. Spray the push valve as well.
    Another thing that could be taking place is ba ba ba... Bad gas efficiency caused by a dried o-ring. Do a quick gun takedown and spray down slightly the o-ring located inside the black valve. If its dried replace it.
    Now if you do this then oh well.
    Now another thing I have noticed is that when I "fill up my mag" I sometimes barely fill it up even though it should be full and I did it the full time. Maybe try putting in some more?
    Also, check the "inlet" of the mag for a small black oring, there should be one. I ended up losing mine and because of that it takes more time to fill my magazines.
    -----
    A side note also. I did the sand down mod (where you sand down the sliding rails of paint to make them slide smoother) as well as using "dry lube" (graphite based) on the slides and it shoots much better and the slide slides perfectly.
    Would recommend that if I may.

5. bob19922

bob19922 Active Member

Old bridge
    How has no one said this, was it cold outside when you shot it if so that would be your problem.

6. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    I thought there would be no need to and it would be general knowledge. Most of what I said though should be too, so....Good point.

7. DualNature

DualNature New Member

kerkhoven
    Ok, i had the same question, (WE Desert Warrior) so im getting out the Defib and reviving this thread..
    I have done the efficiency mods, on the piston head and mags.
    It functions well, the mags dont lead audibly.
    However, im only getting 5 shots out on a full charge of propane. Im indoors, and the gun is 110% lubed up.

I was thinking, would making the hammer spring weaker fix things? the only thing that i can think of that would cause this. Is that its dumping to much gas per shot.

Any ideas?

Just to reiterate,
    its 80 degrees in here, and i have good o-rings. So its not that..

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    Again, it's a WE pistol, it's the matrix vest of pistols

9. DualNature

DualNature New Member

kerkhoven
    I dont care much for WE hate, im not a big fan but honestly..
    Im not going to spend a damned fortune for a trial loadout.
    If i end up really liking going APOC im going to go with a TM or KWA PTP

I just want to know whats up.
    My 2 theorys,
    To strong a hammer spring, or its not getting a good seal with the nozzle.