We aeg

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by WOAcowboy, Jul 23, 2012.

1. WOAcowboy

WOAcowboy New Member

WE tech's m4 AEG. Some reviews claim its Lipo-ready. But can the stock gears withstand an 11.1 right out of the box?

2. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Li-Po ready is a common myth in airsoft, just about all guns can take a li-po out of the box. 11.1s are just impractical though. I much prefer 7.4s, no need to dump a whole mag instantly.

3. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Not a myth. More of a marketing scheme.

Let's put it this way: it would not be a wise idea to use a high discharge lipo (or any high discharge battery for that matter) on a bone stock untuned AEG. If you do, expect issues with your piston, gears, and entire electrical system.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The Term Lipo-Ready is like saying a clear water cup is soda ready.
    It's all liquid, the cup will hold it

5. WOAcowboy

WOAcowboy New Member

So if I put a 7.4 or even an 11.1 in it, how long would it take to tear up? Btw, this gun has a really cool spring detensioning system that helps increase the life of the spring as well.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    If you get into Lipo batteries on stock weapons, you just have to take note of the discharge rate. The Discharge rate basically dictates your rate of fire. A fast rate of fire on a stock gun equals a potential for failure.
    So a discharge rate of 15c is about as high as you probably want to go with your basic stock AEG. Now I don't know how well the internals of a WE AEG are, so I definitely wouldn't push anything beyond that without doing some research or simply shimming and properly aligning teeth.

There's a video somewhere on YouTube of CrazyNcMan using a 11.1v Lipo in a cheap plastic gearbox AEG. I believe it got about 7 or 8 hi-caps non-stop before catastrophic failure
    Keep in mind 1 mid cap = ~400 rounds. And very few of us unload an entire hi-cap with one pull of the trigger, let alone 7 or 8.
    But the point is, Lipo is simply a power source and any AEG can handle it.

7. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Yes, but they are more powerful than a regular Nihm battery. Any gun can take it, but will wear out significantly faster.

8. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    It's the amps of the battery. It's a combination of mAh and the C rating. If I recall correctly, you multiply the mAh by the C rating to get amps. Corrected below.

Lipo has nothing to do with it. It would pretty much be the same with using a 10.8v nihm.

Edit: Corrected below.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Not quite. It's C•mAh/1000.