WE compatable with TM mags?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Springfield, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Springfield

Springfield New Member

Ludlow
    Does anyone know if Tokyo Mauri 1911 meu mags will be compatible with my WE meu? Thanks

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Yep, they're compatible. The WE is a TM clone, so mags will be compatible. I HIGHLY recommend the switch as TM gas mags are very efficient, and rarely leak.

3. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    WE magazines are notorious for leaking. TMs aren't.

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Only WE mags I haven't seen leak in less than 5 seconds are the WE G39C mags.

5. Springfield

Springfield New Member

Ludlow
    Yea thank you. I can't stand the WE mags. Hopefully I'll have better luck with my kmp9

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Nice choice! That and the MP7 are the only decent KWA gas guns imo. But, I am a KWA hater. :p

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    No, they are not compatible. I own both a TM MEU and a WE MEU and the mags do not fit in the other gun. WE mags are quite a bit thicker than TM mags, so the WE mags will not slide into the TM mag well while the TM mags are too skinny for the WE mag catch to grab.

Valkyrie et al, please do not answer questions based on assumptions or stuff you've heard. You'll be wrong more timea than not because, like you, a lot of other people post bad information that they believe is right without any actual evidence. This leads to a whole cycle of terrible information perpetuating terrible information. If you don't know the answer to a question, just don't respond and let people who do know the answer handle it.

8. Springfield

Springfield New Member

Ludlow
    Ok thank you very much for clearing that up

9. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    On the topic of WE mags being compatible...

Anyone know if the WE G18 mags are compatible with the KWA FPG?

Sorry to thread jack, but it didn't seem right to post a new thread for a similar question.

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    They're not. KWA and WE use completely different gas and feeding systems, so none of the critical bits will line up. You'll want either KWA or KSC mags.

11. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Thanks Knief. Just needed to make sure before placing the order... I'd hate to buy 4 mags and not be able to use them.