WE Dragon Outer barrel?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Plastictree, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

I thought I saw somewhere that the dragons orange tip was screwed in and had inner threads but I was wrong and broke the tip off. Where can I find an outer barrel for it? black would be cooool.

I just don't want to super glue it back on because it's going to come off and I wanted to get a threaded barrel anyway

EDIT: It's the WE dragon 5.1 Hi Capa

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Sparky, it appears as though the WE Dragon uses a bull barrel based on this picture:

[​IMG]

If that's the case, then the barrel you linked won't fit. That barrel requires a barrel bushing, which I would doubt the compensator on the Dragon is cut to take. You would also have to replace the guide rod plug to fit the barrel bushing. Plus, it would look really weird to put a barrel bushing on that gun.

4. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    It's the same style outer barrel.

I have one on my P14.

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    This gun?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2613

That takes a straight barrel and has a barrel bushing. The barrel you posted would work perfectly on it. The Dragon doesn't have a barrel bushing and pretty clearly uses a bull barrel. The two aren't cross compatible. The bull barrel flares out toward the business end to fill up the space that the barrel bushing would on a straight barreled 1911. If you put a straight barrel through a slide without a barrel bushing, it would flop all over the place.

6. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

No it's the WE dark dragon, has a 2 piece slide. Basically looking for threaded outer barrel, and now that I look I can't find any precision barrels that are extended. And can't relly find any mock suppressors. Must be looking in the wrong places.

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I know which gun you have, Plastic. I was asking Sparky about his P14. His gun and your gun should take different barrels, which means that his link won't work for your gun.

8. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

9. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    I've never needed different style barrel for any of my old 1911's and Hi Capas (mostly KJWs and WEs).
    They all swapped over between one another, IIRC.
    Granted, it's been a while since I've messed with any of my pistols...

Regardless, a simple extrapolation of the provided link would have rendered a suitable replacement, although not in black:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_127&products_id=28513