WE Hi-Capa Dragon 3/4 Cycle (loading issue)

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by lonex420, Feb 12, 2016.

1. lonex420

lonex420 Member

I bought my Hi-Capa 5.1 Dragon 4 or 5 years ago and it basically sat in my closet for the past 2 years because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

The slide cycles three-fourths of the way. What I mean is that when firing:
    -Slide shoots back, cocks hammer
    -Slide returns but fails to FULLY load the next BB in.
    -Doesn't fire because the BB is stuck between the inner/outer barrel and the loading nozzle.

The 1911 is well lubed but still has the problem.

The nozzle IS scratched, probably from the slide (didn't lube it for a while before). I don't know what is considered heavily scratched and whether or not it will effect the loading process.

Anybody who knows more about TM 1911s, help is appreciated!

Pictures will be provided upon request.

2. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    how long did you own the gun before this started happening? what happens if you manually load a bb into the chamber before firing, does it shoot properly? there is a little pick up arm on the nozzle that grabs the bb out of the mag, is that still there?

obviously at this point you need a full tear down and lube, but i wont get into that. pics of the bottom of the slide, the nozzle, and anything else you think MIGHT be the cause would help. Hard to diagnose this without seeing anything.

3. lonex420

lonex420 Member

I owned this gun for 2 or more years before the issue started. If I load a single bb (and no other bb in the mag) it will fire and the slide will lock back. The issue starts after the first shot, where the second bb will not load properly and the slide cycles 3/4 of the way (all the way back and half way forwards). I think the pick up arm is there (don't know what exactly it is).

The magazine feed lip DOES have a small chip (see pic) which could potentially have caused this problem but I doubt it. I've already ordered a new lip and new magazine (will come early next week) to see if that's the problem.

Pictures are below in the imgur album.

http://imgur.com/a/osvo6

EDIT: I think the pickup arm is missing/rubbed off... F*** Any recommendations for a new nozzle (brand, and plastic vs aluminium)?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. NeoAugAU-3G

Las Vegas
    As or guarder both make good nozzles. I would stick with a plastic nozzle. You WANT something to give and break when the s hits the fan, and nozzles are cheap and easy to replace.

5. lonex420

lonex420 Member

What brand is AS? Is Angel Custom any good (compared to guarder)? I was thinking about picking up their 130% full upgrade kit... $60 is quite a lot.

EDIT: Is it even worth it to upgrade such an old pistol (Dragon Type B)? WE offers the 2011 line with "preupgraded" parts... don't know how different they are from the original 1911 models....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  6. NeoAugAU-3G

Las Vegas
    As is airsoft surgeon
    Angel custom is not great. Some things work, but others dont. You get what you pay for.

As to new gun vs old.... Really your call. Just because there is a new one out doesnt mean the old one is trash. How much would you spend on a new one? How much to upgrade your current one? Is the price difference worth it to you? Usually it isnt when talking about the same brand if the same gun. Up to you though

7. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    The plastic (grey) AC nozzle is actually quite good.
    I have one in my Hi Cappa and I literally had to beat the nozzle to get it to break*.

Before I broke it I got 1200 cycles without any issues caused by the nozzle or any wear to the plastic.

*I had a cycling issue (WE Hi Cappa) so I whacked (punched) the back of the slide.
    Fixed the issue so I didn't look any further.
    The nozzle was fine so I did it on 3 other separate occasions before it finally cracked down the center.

8. lonex420

lonex420 Member

I can only find the AS Hi Capa nozzle on HK websites like Redwolf and eHobbyAsia. Did you guys get it from a US carrier or overseas? I don't have experience with ordering from overseas....

9. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Ehobbyasia is great for small parts.
    I have placed 2 parts orders with them in the past year. Both had reasonable shipping (5-9$) and both arrived within 2 weeks.