WE Hi Capa Empties CO2 after a few shots

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MicahW, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MicahW

MicahW New Member

Lansing
    So I've got this WE GBB co2 pistol that is acting up, I was just shooting it a couple of weeks ago with its original magazine just fine but recently I purchased 2 new magazines for it (lent the original to some kid on the field and he lost it) and now it shoots around 5 rounds just fine, then the slide doesn't quite finish its cycle and the CO2 cartridge empties out of the barrel. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to identifying problems with these things, best I can do is take it apart and put it back together but is it a problem with the floating valve or whatever it's called? I'm almost positive it's not the magazines as it does the same thing with both mags and they're brand new. The gun is well lubricated I believe.

2. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Piston screw is probably loose. Check my teching thread for a guide on how to remedy that.

3. MicahW

MicahW New Member

Lansing
    Ok tried that, no luck. Could it have something to do with that spring in the nozzle or piston assembly or whatever it is? Because when you pull the nozzle forward, it doesn't retract on its own and I feel like it's supposed to.

4. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It's possible, but from your post it sounds like a relatively new pistol that shouldn't need re-lubed yet. Though it's possible the nozzle return spring could be bad from the factory.