We luger 4"

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Masonicrat, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    I have searched and some reviews say it's gas efficiency is terrible but then some online reviews say they get 25-30 shots, also some reviews say its crud pot metal. What is the final word.
    Pros? Cons?
    Would it be viable as a total last ditch gun for my m60?

2. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

The final word is that it's the biggest waist of pot metal WE ever came up with. If it even functions properly out of box, it's sure to break down very soon after.

3. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Son of a biscuit! Really really really love Lugers! Is the we Luger the only option?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. CQB

CQB New Member

I have seen one before. Owning a WE makes me aware of their metal strength. The Luger looked like a shiny plastic gun. The metal did not look great. The huge box mag however, one phrase can describe the feeling. "Me Gusta".

5. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

The WE is crap. See if you can find a Tanaka one.

6. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    The WEs are showpieces, but they break really easily, the internals are NOT to perfect tanaka spec.

There is a guide to fix the issue on arnies, but it is complex. It's like real gunsmithing. I did it for a friend's luger: never again.

7. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    i use to sya they were good to go, until my friend had problems with his. it worked like a charm for awhile but eventally it went south. he bought one of those drums for it, and even those are crap. took me 4 hours and a tube of RTV to seal it up so it would stop leaking..

8. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Thanks for the warnings! So the tanaka one is that much better?

9. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

The tanaka will be way better than the WE. I have a WE Luger and I hate it because of its cheap externals and internals. I get off 10 shots before it runs out of gas.

10. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Where can you get a tanaka? Don't see it on evike/megastore/airsplat, just watch the classifieds? What is a good price for one if I do find one?

11. xxxRJRxxx

xxxRJRxxx New Member

Altoona
    Overseas. Redwolf, ehobby, etc. It will cost a pretty penny new though.

12. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Would the tanaka stand up shooting wise to its gbb pistol counterparts? (1911, hi-capa, ect.)

Edit- by that, I mean is it fieldable? Will it compare with like kwa? And is the plastic body something to worry about?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  13. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Is the tanaka luger skirmishable?