WE M14 EBR flash hider removal?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by fastrunner2, Jul 20, 2012.

1. fastrunner2

fastrunner2 New Member

Sacramento
    I apologize if this has been posted before but the search on this site doesn't like "we" "m14" or "EBR" and made searching for specifics a bit difficult.

I was hoping to remove the orange flash hider on this gun, but it seems to be glued on or something and is quite stubborn. I'm afraid to damage it so I'm wondering if anyone had any tips or has advice on something that can effectively remove it.

2. FSTK

FSTK Member

It's not glued: it's simply screwed on. First, there is a small allen screw that bonds to the top outer barrel: loosen that. Then there's a castle-nut that you simply screw off clockwise. That's it.

3. fastrunner2

fastrunner2 New Member

Sacramento
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  4. FSTK

FSTK Member

Ah; Sorry about that. I thought you had a regular M14 and wanted to remove the flash hider off of that to put in the EBR chassis. All I know is that the EBR flash-hider screws on CCW-. There aren't any nuts or hidden bolts holding the flash-hider together. Hope it works out well for you: I can see the damage already.

5. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Try using a hair drier. I know the barrel is metal, so put the hair drier near the rear of the FH, set it on high and let it run a while (10 minutes or so). The metal should heat up enough to remelt the glue in it. Wear gloves, as the metal will be hot, but you should then be able to twist off the FH using pliers (either rubber tipped, or have something between the pliers and the FH to avoid scratching it) . Is the FH plastic? I know the full length WE M14s FHs are metal, and even the EBR kit I ordered for mine has a steel FH. Sounds odd that yours isn't a metal one.