We m14 ebr

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Castscythe, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

hello everyone, i have a friend who is looking to upgrade a WE M14 EBR to use it as a sniper. i personally dont have much experience with sniper upgrades, so i thought i would ask the more experienced users here.

as far as upgrade ideas, at first glance i suggested a tightbore ( 6.01 or 6.03?) barrel (after a bit of searching i found this > http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-6-03-precision-inner-barrel-for-we-m14-gbb-540mm.html ... thoughts?) , a new hopup or hopup bucking depending on how it performs stock, and, if required, the replacement nozzle that WE offers.

because i have absolutely no experience with GBBR's and upgrading sniper rifles in general, if i could get any advance on sources for parts/ information that will be relevant and helpful for this project that would be great. On the other bit, any suggestions towards parts that the gun would benefit from, such as a replacement barrel, hopup chamber/bucking, etc. i have already tried the search function, and it said that my terms were too general, so my apologies in advance if this thread has been started before.

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You haven't really tried Google have you? :p

6.03 for barrel
    RA-tech offers a **** ton of upgrade parts for it.

3. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

i have found a few RA-tech barrels. and i have spent some (admittedly a small amount) time on google. after looking around for RA specific parts are per your suggestion, i have come up with these parts:

6.03 Ra tech m14 barrel http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ra-tech-...-barrel-for-we-open-bolt-system-long-m14.html

the RA tech m14 npas http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ra-tech-n-p-a-s-kit-for-we-open-bolt-system-pdw-m14.html (is it considered required, what performance increase does it offer, and where could i find a more in depth installation tutorial than RA's? and no, i havent checked youtube yet. i am about to.)

their hop up rubber (from what i read the hop up unit itself is actually just fine) http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ra-tech-hop-up-rubber-for-we-gbbr-open-bolt-system.html

RA techs complete trigger http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ra-tech-complete-trigger-for-we-m14-gbb.html (im assuming its a durability benefit, but are there any other strong points?)

after those parts, is there really anything that i should cover?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I belive most we guns come with a 6.03 barrel. Rigging it to hpa would be great though.

5. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

ok, cool. i will see how the barrel performs after the hop up bucking and npas are installed. are they are guidelines (i know it will probably require to make something from the ground up for it... i have never seen premades) or the like to converting it to hpa? after googling around a bit all i can really find are a few vids on youtube to convince people to switch to it (paintball vids mainly). im assuming i would need to find a few custom solutions. off to the wonderful land of forum search and google :D

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Polarstars are hpa. I think someone on this forum rigged a kjw kc 02 to hpa. But of you are using it as a dmr it is nessicary for concistancy.

7. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You can get a DMR that is just as reliable and consistent and is not HPA rigged. It is just a matter of tweaking the gearbox.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Gbbr do not have gear boxes.

9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Yeah, I missed the part. In that case, no need for a P*.

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Easy mistake. Castsycthe I know someone on this forum is working on a m14 gbbr, I will try to find him.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    P* is way over priced anyway....
    If you have access to machinery like CNC equipment....
    You can build one for around $80.....

12. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

thanks for the help guys =D, im going to spend some time researching polarstar. does it have better consistency than the propane i will be using w/ a npas? and i dont really have the best understanding of how i would have to rig it yet, so to the forum search i go.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Don't even bother with the P*......it's over priced.........
    Just tap your mags to HPA and done, you get the same result and keep the blow back.

HPA is the MOST consistent source of power for GBBRs.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Polar stars are not bad. For the price their not ideal but they are some of the only hpa guns now a days.

15. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

so, to convert it to HPA (or at least, convert one mag to HPA), i would need something like this kit > http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=1119 the tapper > ( http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=1146 ) the 1/8th npt and a 1/8th npt male to 6mm ( http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=94 ) ?

if those check out, do you guys know of a graph/guide to what psi's to get for specific fps readings, as well as how to tune the stabilizer, and last but not least guide wise, a guide on how long a tank should last firing (releasing air) at a certain regulated psi?

this seems like it would be pretty awesome, and even eliminate the need for me to pay for propane, now the only issue is that i would need to find a place to fill the tank and such. and really watch how often i lubricate the gun and seals.

as usual, thanks for all the help guys, this place is AWESOME =D

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I'm sorry I've never rigged anything to hpa so I wouldn't know. But that seems right.

17. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    R-hop

enough said.

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

But he needs more concitancy to make a gbbr dmr.

19. Castscythe

Castscythe New Member

ok, so it looks like an HPA rig will be a definite upgrade, i will probably look into adding it once i have at least one extra mag. do any of you think it is feasible to drill/tap the mag next to the GG fillport? so i could fill it with GG, or hook it to an air rig? i think it might be viable as a backup... but if its significantly easier to just rip out the GG fillport to drill and tap that area, i could just take the plunge. on another note, would i even need to install an npas system with a HPA setup in use? and, if i dont have to (by just letting the HPA regulator do its magic), could i feasibly mod the installed nozzle/whatever the piece the RA npas replaces for higher air flow to see a (maybe slight) increase in performance? also, if any of you know any MOLLE ready bags/pouches that would fit a 12oz tank well off of the top of your heads, that would be great =D. im thinking maybe a hydration carrier bag or the like? also, im hoping to get a GBB pistol in the future, would i be able to hook it up something like this? tank > reg 1 > y type fitting (if they make one?) > 1st end to GBBR at ~100-160 psi (best psi=? is there a calculator somewhere to figure out about how much fps you are getting w/ a .2bb with a 6.03 tbb at x psi?) > second reg to 60-100 psi? > pistol mag w/ 6mm 1/8th qd fitting. if i could do this... this would be awesome. not to mention completely eliminate my need for GG/Propane. what are your thoughts?

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    ER-hop

Don't bother with R-hop for DMR/sniper rifle.

Um please use the "enter" key at least just for a few times....
    If you want to keep the fill valve just as back up, sure, that's fine.

NPAS, well, it does control the output but it doesn't control the consistency.
    The issue is with the gas that's being used to power the gun, not the system.

MOLLE hydration backpack.

FPS varies by barrel length, diameter, quality, energy required for the blow back and bla bla bla, best way is to just test it.
    (Friend's M700 shoots 550fps on 50psi...but that's because it has now blow back at all and lots of mods...)