We m1911 meu

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by camcognito, Sep 30, 2015.

1. camcognito

camcognito New Member

swagville
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=6141

So this is what I'm looking at as a first GBB pistol around $90. I've heard good things about this gun and want you guys opinion. My only concern with this gun is its gas consumption.about How fast would I run out of green has using this gun with an 8oz can?

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Get the KJW KP-07 instead. The WE uses a proprietary design which is not Marui compatible.

3. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    That depends. Maybe the OP only has or wants to spend $90. Not being TM compatible is not always a deciding factor for some people.

4. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Depends on how much you use it, really. My experience with WE is that when they are working (and that is an important point, as we's QC especially with pistols seems to be non existent) you generally will get about a magazine to a mag and a half's worth of use for every gas fill. That will vary a little depending on the temperature, but both the 1911 and MEU I had from WE performed about that. My advice: if you plan to run it as a serious secondary, have 3-4 magazines for it as well. If you manage to get a decent one, it'll work well for you. Also, while true that most parts of WE pistols are not TM compatible, at least the hop up bucking and inner barrel are, so finding replacements with them are easy.

5. camcognito

camcognito New Member

swagville
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Quick question, what is the difference between the 1911 MEU and the regular 1911? http://www.evike.com/products/25014/ Would getting this one be a better buy?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

False. WE is a TM clone using the TM system that most GBBs on the market (except KWA and EF) use. Their parts, however, are just slightly off TM spec and TM parts will require just a touch of modding to work.

However, WE is BAD. Get a KJW.

7. camcognito

camcognito New Member

swagville
    So is this a good gun? (and website to order from)

http://www.airsplat.com/kjw-1911-full-metal-gas-airsoft-blowback.html

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    As far as I know, the difference between the MEU and the regular 1911 is strictly cosmetic; MEU has Novak style sights, extra serrations on the slide, D type hammer, beavertail grip safety, extended ambidextrous thumb safety, and flat mainspring housing.

If you still want a WE and if you may eventually want to mount a tactical light or a laser to it, I would suggest this.

http://www.evike.com/products/32209/

It's the same as the tan one you originally linked to but has a rail for those accessories.

9. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

10. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Oh, my bad. I've read more than once on this forum that WE's 1911 is their own system.

11. TacticalSasquatch

TacticalSasquatch New Member

I have used that exact 1911 for a while now and it has given me issues constantly. The bottom lips on the mags are not very well supported and have the tendency to break off(which renders the mag useless). Also I have had issues with the internals locking up even after just completely disassembling the gun and cleaning each component thoroughly, this started after about a year of wear and tear, so it is probably the parts that need to be replaced. Other than that the gun is fairly solid you just have to watch how the mags wear. Never keep them loaded with bbs or gas(you think this would be obvious but you forget one time and leave a mag in the heat of the California sun for a couple hours and the damn thing nearly exploded after using a alan key to push the release down) and make sure you get the MEU mags because they have the reinforced bottom lip. Make sure it stays clean and well taken care of you shouldn't have problems except with the mags which also leak and you have to replace the Orings from time to time. Good luck