We meu 1911 problems

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by pitviper, Oct 3, 2012.

1. pitviper

pitviper New Member

I have a pretty much brand new 1911 and when put gas in the mag and put it in the gun it's sounds fine but when I pull the trigger 1 bb shoots out and all the gas is released. Need HELP!!

2. Landa

Landa New Member

Miami
    either the firing pin isnt retracting, or the magazine's output valve is sticking.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    This might be a dumb question but, how are you filling the mags? Are you turning the mag and gas can upside down to fill it? Also, what's the ambient temperature where you're shooting?

4. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

Is it just me or are all the WEs now having lots of problems?

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    WEs have had problems since the company started. This isn't new, you're just becoming more aware. That's probably because you're learning more about better equipment.

6. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

Ive seen a few We tech pistols at my cqb place either perform well or malfunction. One of the techs confirmed one of the gas valves crapped out and the loading nozzle got chipped. Also some kid used .12s in his we m9 and had no problems with it. The barrel was fine. No broken bbs. Guess WE has lots of lemons lol.

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Remember, no gun has a 100% premature failure rate. These things have to work to a certain extent or the brand wouldn't get off the ground. The best way I've been able to describe their guns is sloppy. Everything is loose, which means everything is under more stress during operation than it should be. Combine that with low manufacturing tolerances and you get weak parts breaking far more often than you'd find on good guns. You get parts that don't fit together the way they should and cause problems. You get valves that don't hold gas. WE could make decent guns, but they'd have to improve their manufacturing capabilities. That would cost money, which would drive up the price of their guns, which would make people less willing to buy them. So, they continue to make guns with a high failure rate and sloppy fitment.

Your .12 story isn't really relevant. A gun's ability to fire crappy bbs says nothing about the quality of the gun anymore than it's ability to fire bbs at all does.

8. Landa

Landa New Member

Miami
    Basically, either you get lucky or sadly you just don't, you really are playing a lottery buying any airsoft gun... the odds are more in favor by buying brands like VFC as opposed to a JG, etc.

Anyways, I have noticed MEU's and single sack WE 1911's have a better track record that their Hi capa's. But WE M9's are just horrible, worse gun i ever owned. My MEU is more than great, luck?

9. pitviper

pitviper New Member

Well yes I do turn it upside down and it's Texas it usually humid around

10. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

We tech sucks get a tokyo marui or a kjw

11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Not everyone has the money to buy a TM pistol.

12. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Ok i also said kjw marui is for the rich i dont have sadly

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    EXICUT1ONER,

Please follow the basic rules of English when posting here. That means capital letters and punctuation, along with writing in complete sentences. Thank you.

14. fradd

fradd New Member

It's sad that you actually have to tell people that...don't kids go to school these days?

15. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

I have a broken hand and I am using a phone I was just trying to use my left hand I am a righty.

16. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

And i am not a kid either

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Most of your posts have been written horribly. I don't care what your excuse is, fix it.

18. Handlebar66

Handlebar66 New Member

Herndon
    Same problem, different user.

I realize this is a necro-thread revival. I have the same problem pitviper described above.

Landa suggested that the firing pin isn't retracting or the output valve was sticking.

I am the father of an avid airsofter, and I tend to be the 'tinkerer' for him. I haven't worked on a GBB before, but I am quite familiar with the real steel variants. His Airsoft group gives me the broken stuff to either fix (JB Weld for the crappy plastic breaks), or turn into other airsoft weapons.

What steps should I take to ascertain if the firing pin or output valve is the issue, and what can you suggest I try to fix either problem?

Thanks for any helpful directions or suggestions.

19. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

That's almost definitely the release valve. If you have another 1911 that the magazine is compatible with, test it in there. It's a simple matter of making sure the pistol is properly lubricated most of the time.

20. Handlebar66

Handlebar66 New Member

Herndon
    Compatible Mags... Will check

Thanks - I'll fully lube. I do not have any airsoft 1911s to compare with at home, so I'll canvas his local group for any other compatible guns to test with.