WE over KWA or KJW

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by masterpro72, Dec 9, 2012.

1. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking at GBB pistols and I know this probably sounds ridiculous but, I'm looking at WE-tech over KWA. This is because WE-tech has so many replacement parts even complete slides for about $50. If I experience any problems, I'll easily be able to replace it. But, I am wondering if there are any slides or such for a KWA specifically the ATP? If not, I'm going WE-Tech.....Possibly KJW except for the annyoing orange tips..........Would KJW be even better?

2. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

Get a TM or Kjw they are very nice guns. WE tech uses potmettal and KWA. I just don't like KWA.

3. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Get a KJW. for the same price the KJW is much more reliable, and takes the exact same replacement parts as WE just in case, as opposed to the WE where you'll end up spending half the price of the gun in new parts. The orange tip really should not be an issue when it comes to gun choice, as painting it or removing it is a very easy thing to do.

4. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

How do you remove the orange tip on the KJW?

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Which KJW? They have different models and you'd approach each differently.

WEs will also have orange tips, by the way. All airsoft guns sold in America have to.

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's a full metal outer barrel, so you can just use some light grade paint thinner on it and it'll come right off. It also looks like a two piece barrel and chamber, where the barrel actually unscrews from the chamber. They likely have a spacer between the barrel and chamber to keep the orange barrel sticking out some. I've seen it in similar models before. You'll want to unscrew the barrel, remove the spacer, and screw it back in to keep the barrel snugged into the front of the slide.

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Ok, Are you saying it's threaded? I don't like the barrel sticking out even if it's not orange. I want it to look as real as possible. Does the tip unscrew?

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It's not threaded at the tip. It's threaded at the back of the of the barrel where it meets the chamber. I'm telling you how to make it not stick out past the slide. There's a spacer in the gun between the chamber and barrel to make the barrel stick out. You need to remove that spacer.

9. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Oh, I hear you. Thanks I appreciate it.

10. bal1

bal1 New Member

Agreed, I love kjw and tm. So that's my vote.

11. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Reason I'm looking for a GBB is because I want another gun to help take some rounds so I don't use too many in my G&G. I guess I may just get a sniper rifle due to the fact that they don't require gas and I know from experience that they are a whole lotta fun to shoot. I may still look into the KJW but, so far I am looking at snipers. (I like to have fun shooting my guns sometimes).

12. Lil_Shady

If you're actually looking to skirmish a sniper rifle is going to do you no good without upgrades. Meanwhile a KJW, as a sidearm, will help you out time and time again.

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    masterpro,

You think your way into a lot of bad decisions. Just get the pistol.

14. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I do think my way into some bad decisions...........I'll get the pistol if I can be gauranteed there is a spacer in the outer barrel so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Could I be gauranteed of that?

15. Lil_Shady

I've worked on quite a few of those pistols, actually have FinalEncounter's in pieces on my desk right now, the barrel stick out like 1/8th of an inch, not that noticeable at all.

16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, I'll guarantee it. I could take a dump in a box and slap a guarantee on that and sell it to you too. Just get the freaking gun. The barrel won't stick out. The barrel will look exactly like what it looks like in this picture after you clean off the orange and tighten it in:

[​IMG]

It will not look like it does in this picture:

[​IMG]

And if it does:

[​IMG]

17. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

What do you mean "and if"? Are you saying there is a chance it wont be like you say? I'm basically getting a new gun to give me some more "Fun-Factor". That is why I was also looking at snipers.

18. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    [​IMG]

Listen to what Knief and Shady are telling you.

19. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Holy crap dude. It's a joke. You're worrying way too much over nothing.