WE pdw

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Falccon86, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    I am starting to get into the milsim feeling a bit more and looking at this gas rifle.

I know nothing at all about gbbr this will be my first one, do you think it is worth it? i will be getting it with 3 mags and pretty much brand new off a friend for only 250.

Thankyou

2. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    Just looking at what you think about the gun, thankyou!

3. Napple

Napple New Member

I know NOTHING about it. All i know is that pdws are awesome and that we makes cheap pot metal gbbrs. I dont know how it performs though. Good luck

4. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Then why did you post? If you have no experience with the gun, don't post. To op: the WE PDW is a decent gun, the fps is a little hot for most field limits and internals are decent, I would recommend switching them out for RA-tech internals. Mine had a good amount of kick and was better than my VFC GBBR though that may be do to the crappy VFC GBBR internals.

5. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    Okay thankyou, yeah i was debating on the the pdw or just a g&p magpul m4(not gas though.) Thankyou!

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I'd grab the G&P. Although I have NO experience with the WE PDW, an AEG is usually a better choice.

7. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

The WE is junk, get the GHK.

While I might have been a little over zealous about calling the WE "junk", the fact is that it's no match for GHK's latest PDWs.

WE GBBRs are made out of cheap pot metal and don't last. Almost every aspect of any WE GBBR
    could be easily outmatched by any decent competitor that makes a GBB version of the same gun.

If you are looking to get into GBBRs, then one rules of thumb to follow to keep you out of alot of trouble is to steer away from any\all WEs unless you expect to do a lot of upgrading.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  8. Napple

Napple New Member

How expensive is the ghk?

9. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    And VFC unless they have recently upgraded to stronger internals.

10. Hazardairsoft

Hazardairsoft New Member

I agree after doing a little research as far as over performance and reviews the ghk is #1

11. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Having owned a GHK PDW, I have to say the same. It's a bit more expensive initially, but there's no comparision to WE. GHK trumps WE in all aspects.
    If you're looking at WE GBBRs, really the only two you should be looking at from them is the Scar and the M14, as neiter of those are made by any company in GBBR form. I've had leaking magazines with ALL the WEs i've owned (other than my current M14), and have heard (and seen) the pot metal parts break/wear down.
    Go with the GHK, do a little hunting on the forums and you can probably find a used one going for about the same price as that WE you were offered.

12. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

I have a we pdw... Between my we scar and my we m4 it has the most recoil and the fastest rate of fire. The body is made out of a crappy pot metal but the internals are pretty solid. My lower broke at the part that locks the stock in place. 250 with 4 mags is an ok deal. As far as gbbrs are concerned they do need more maintenance than an aeg. Its up to you if you want to go gbbr or aeg. I prefer gbbrs but use an aeg for outdoor and my gbbrs are only used indoor.