WE Tech Ace-VD at Evike

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by DRAGON64, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Nope, not getting that one at all.

That one is the aluminum version.

< Getting the collector edition, steel internal and external with real wood furniture.

3. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Wait a year till they figure out the problems then buy it.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Problems are all pretty much figured out by now.

5. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

The thread at Arnie's has pretty much died... in though there were two main issues outlined: The bolt lock back lever was catching after every shot; and there was a bad seal between the nozzle and the hop-up.

I would like the billet receiver model more, if the wood on the rifle looked more like military surplus. As it stands, the wood versions of the Ace VD look more like a museum piece than a field rifle...

If the two problems outlined above are worked out, then the $250 price tag is an excellent starting point to build from...

6. soviet

soviet New Member

WE is and miss company. Green gas snipers are decent. If you get a good brand then yea there good. Look at the KJW MKII. Its green gas sniper. Yet it is not a great sniper. Im sure my AEG could out preform. it. to go raving about. I'll just stick with upgrading my A&K SVD. If the reviews are good by costumers then I might like it. But until then I'm staying neutral.

There also inconsistent.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um, you do realize that the A&K SVD and WE SVD are in two completely different league right....?
    One is a springer and the other is a GBB with full travel bolt and sexy steel internal and external if you buy the collector's edition or you can buy the cheaper aluminum version if you don't have the money which is also great.

I'd like to see your A&K SVD to fire in semi-auto and lock the bolt after the last shot is fired....it's just not going to happen....

Incosistent?
    No duh, it's a gas rifle.
    If hooking it up to HPA is too much for you, then just get out.....
    Even the grand-daddy, the Tanaka with PCS bolt, needs HPA to have consistent shots.
    It's simple physics.

Your AEG will out perform?
    Well yea, probably in RoF.
    Let me see a 100m shot with your stock AEG just by changing the bucking.

And the fact that you said "If the reviews are good by costumers then I might like it." is just.....sad....
    You do realize that the majority of the public says KWA AEGs are amazing right?

8. soviet

soviet New Member

First off WE is hit or miss. I like SVD over the GBB because cost less to maintain. And upgradable. And I've upgraded my AEG. I some how doubt it hits roughly 300 ft.
    And why would it be sad to see customer reviews. First off anyone who's selling is going to like it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Did you seriously not get the KWA part....?

If you doubt it to hit 100m after changing the bucking, oh well, too bad for you.

You've upgraded your AEG...good job, go get yourself a cookie.

I don't see how the A&K SVD is more upgradeble than the WE SVD.

10. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Like any other WE product, the material choices made by the mfg will be the platforms doom. The mags will leak, and the rifle will start to fail, if not by the first match, then soon there after. I've owned four WE products, and the metal fatigue from the cast components had me pulling my hair out.

Yes, the alure of a semi-auto SVD that cycles a bolt and locks it back has pulled me in hook line and sinker... but I will be passing on this rifle, unless WE takes the initiative and starts selling a quality product... we know the idea is fresh, but the quality is not. I really dislike getting a rifle based on what RA Tech can do for it... I want WE to do it first.

Granted, I was excited to see that Evike was selling this rifle now, that is why I started this thread, but my research into the rifle has steered me clear from purchasing it... for the time being, I too will stick with my A&K SVD... sore fingers and all.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um...WE have ones with steel internal and external....

12. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

The collective jury is still out on that one... until the rifle is run through it's paces, I do not see the rifle being worth the price they will ask for it... It is, after all, just an airsoft rifle.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The "collective jury" did not base the most of their review on the ones with steel internals...
    Aluminum is doomed to wear out fast, and it doesn't matter what brand it is...

14. soviet

soviet New Member

What If its coke coloa. Brand aluminum? :0

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Then it will last forever.

16. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Agreed!

We would be doomed...

...through recycling!

17. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Evike has the standard version on sale for $230... and with a 20% off coupon comes to $184 plus $24 shipping, so for about $208 to $210 you can get one. This is assuming a continental US resident of course.

I am still so tempted to get this Polymer/Aluminum version... The price is right in line with most springers...