WE tech bolt question

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by macus1305, Jul 30, 2015.

1. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    So I looked through the cite and couldn't find any threads but correct me if I'm wrong please.
    So anyway my we 888 (416) has got some wear on the bolt where the trigger meets the bolt and the front part where the nozzle sits. It seems the metal has bent slightly so removing the nozzle takes effort. I'm curious if a steel bolt (if I can find one) would be beneficial or would not work properly unless the other parts were steel? The stock bolt is soft but it must b for a reason and there is replacement stock bolts. What is ur experiences on these guns?

My gun is a we tech 888 (416) open bolt. Propane only. No upgrades yet

2. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    Where the bolt lock? You need to get bolt catch and new bolt else it will just break like you say here.

Ra Tech have those parts, Im also pretty Z-parts also makes them?

3. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    Where the bolt locks seems ok. I did have to shim it. The duribility is what I'm concerned of. I don't want to buy the steel bolt n lock n then have the trigger assembly fail or something else. Curious if anyone has done the steel bolt with lock with out issues.. I figure the stock bolt is a softer metal for a reason. Unless it was just cheaper to assemble.

4. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    Well the WE make cheapest as possible. Just like the VFC saber GBB M4 new release bolt itself is not made of steel only the part where it hits bolt catch.

I have complete remade of all parts, but if I were you those are the parts I would upgrade

5. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    Cool thank you for the info. I'll pick up the steel bolt and lock

6. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    package also including NPAS :p really good pricing

7. TheCollector

TheCollector New Member

The problem is that you bought a WE Gun. Those things always break

8. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Not true, WE GBBRs are among the better built especially considering the price.

You don't need the steel bolt necessarily, but as mentioned if you do youll want the steel bolt catch.

Something to consider is that steel bolts will slow the bolt cycle and you may want to adjust buffers and buffer springs accordingly. Not as much as a problem since it's warm weather season and you're using propane, but if you plan on using this gun in the winter, things may get difficult.

What a lot of people do is just buy an open bolt kit when something on their WE breaks, as it's a good deal for what you get and you have lots of spare parts.

9. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    Really not true at all, VFC, ViperTech or any other suffer pretty much same. VFC Saber has steel parts thought on the carrier but not as whole bolt carrier.

Steel bolt + WE springs (they are pretty hard) is meh but in warm weather as he said up is probably okay or you could go with winter springs or something which is weaker.

Ra Tech offers 3 level of springs. Summer, winter and something in the between. You might not wanna go with too weak spring if you running a heavy buffer.

VFC Saber (newest release) having issue of it disforming.

10. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    I just looked at the conversion kit. Wow what a deal, as much as I want the reliability of the steel bolt I can't help but think the reasoning for the softer bolt. There has to be a logical explanation other than make it quick and cheap. Prob the mechanic inside saying hold up. I'll do some research before I buy. I would like to convert it all to steel but that's alot of cash. I got too many other hobbies and bills to do that, and no time. Thanks for the input keep it coming if yall want.

11. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    then GBBR isn't for you ;)

GBBR requires greasing, cleaning, maintenance etc., just like the real AR's perhaps not much as real one but basically its the same and most of cheaper GBB requires upgrades to max out performance

12. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

You should know before you go spending money WE bolts all tend to wear in different spots and its totally normal. In fact a steel bolt will put more stress on your other internals and be worse for your gun.

Buy my E1 MTC3 110 shipped

13. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    See this is what I was wondering. There isn't much in the gun. So having a soft blot reduces stress on everything else. Especially the trigger box. Sure the steel counter part is built tougher but most likely I would have to upgrade the whole gun to get the reliability factor out of it. It's plenty reliable now but like a car u don't upgrade the motor with out supporting modifications. That cost money. Not like I play every weekend.

Surprised on some of the criticism though. Got a good chuckle

14. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Good analogy, I think you get the idea. Stock WE carriers can last for a good while (20k-50k, depending how hard you play), and open bolt kits make it it easy to replace.

Believe it or not, a popular choice is the RATech steel FCG with the stock BCG. They will still be going through stock BCGs, but it's still a good durability upgrade if you can bear maybe an additional carrier purchase in the gun's life.

15. macus1305

macus1305 New Member

boonies of Massachusetts
    X2.

That seems reasonable better to mush the bolt than break springs and metal.