We tech g17 v. KJW g23

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by AFPJ, Oct 12, 2012.

1. AFPJ

AFPJ New Member

Long Beach
    Which one of these pistols do u guys reccomend?

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    KJW, more reliable, less lemons. Also, please use proper spelling and grammar before a mod catches you "u" is not a acceptable substitute for "you".

3. AFPJ

AFPJ New Member

Long Beach
    Thanks and sorry, my bad on the spelling.

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Ksc or tm are the best glocks. Kjw and we and the other companies other than kwa/ksc and tm have less quality... Spend more and get more

5. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I have the KJW and love it. Great gun. Like others have said, theres less lemons with KJW and they perform better than WE-Tech. Go with the G23 and you will be pleased.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    I'd only recommend a KJW G23 if it has the metal slide. I had one with a plastic slide that kept misfeeding. Problems with the recoil spring.

Also, on the two I owned, both needed the mag release replaced. The stock one is plastic. Guarder makes a metal one that works. It's about $15 on Evike.

7. AFPJ

AFPJ New Member

Long Beach
    I got the we tech and it has yet to disappoint me

8. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Even after we all said to get the KJW?

9. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

Being a G23 owner I should have found your thread earlier. I would have gone with the KJW, not saying all of them do but mine even shoots good in the cold.

10. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    To be fair, guys, it's his gun. Yeah it's frustrating but at the end of the day, if he gets a lemon, it's only his fault. That being said, I'd say there are worse guns than WE's glocks. I'd say that's one of the few things they seem to get right, my G18 is WE and even with a broken outer barrel it actually still shoots :p (horribly in accurately but still). The G17 isn't a bad choice, lots of parts available for it so even if it does break it can be fixed. Just my $.02

11. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Having owned both, I'm simply going to say KJW

I went through 3 brand new WE versions, and another that was second hand. Sadly the second hand was the only 1 that actually worked over a month.
    The KJW I owned first (By a week in comparison to the first WE). It went through hell and back. In the end, after all the abuse and crap it went through, it had its hiccups, but worked. The WE, well it was a complete waste of money so I can't tell you much about it.
    But it goes back to what I say about WE-tech pistols: They're great for wall hangers, and super budgeted players. Aside from that, KJW is a more reliable choice. You might want to also check out KSC.

12. AFPJ

AFPJ New Member

Long Beach
    The G17 is another one of the few things they got right. I bought it 3 months used and after still having it for a few weeks, I havent had any problems with it.

13. FSTK

FSTK Member

Since the OP's made his choice: shouldn't this thread be closed?