WE vs KJW

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MauserP230, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

M looking for an all metal M1911. But I know I want it from WE or KJW because those are two of the best. But I need to know who or which is better. This gun is gonna be my new baby. I normally customize after I buy but it has to be full metal powered by GREEN or TOP GAS.

2. CQB

CQB New Member

I own a 1911 by WE and I love it. It has gone 8 months without a problem. Watch out though, WE is known for making "Lemmons" (bad guns). KJW is the safe side but, WE is better of you get a good one in my PERSONAL opinion.

3. Speartron

Speartron New Member

Waldorf
    I will get hate for this, but WE over KJW. Reason being, ive seen the two and it appears that while there almost identical in price, and close in testing (FPS and Accuracy, but really that depends on the model mostly) WE's seem to look better and feel better (if that makes sense?) IMO. While ill admit theres a ton more lemons in WE's ballpark, in most cases they can be returned. So WE>KJW
    Or maybe my bias is showing....

4. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I got super lucky with my we glock, it's almost indestructible. But I never hear nice things about their 1911s...

5. CQB

CQB New Member

Hit or Miss. It's black jack, the dealer has a 6 showing and you have 12.

6. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

See that's what I mean. The 1911 Colt is my FAVORITE gun of all time airsoft or real. I own a real model and I carry it on me almost everyday because I go to the range A LOT!! But as far as airsoft...I've ears WE as being a better company for 1911's. But I also heard they do make "lemmons". It's a tough decision. This airsoft gun..which ever brand I decide to get is gonna be my baby so I need A GOOD ONE!! I know nothing is perfect though so yeah.

7. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

So would you consider WE? Or KJW? 1911 wise.

8. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

So do you say go ahead with the WE?? Trust me I'm taking all this advice into though and time because I want a good 1911. I need something that'll last..because I do clean my gun..DCOA it frequently all the time when I'm bored and all upgrades will be taken care off. I just need a good brand.

9. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I would go KJW. Haven't heard very many good things, or experienced many good things, about WE 191s. I myself have destroyed about 5 of them. The KJW is pretty easily the better option. Look at your odds. For the same price would you want one that MAYBE doesn't feel as nice, or would you want one that has a really really good chance of being a lemon? I think I'd rather have the one that works.

10. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I want to put in the advice of a KJW owner. I have seen a few WE guns, and while they feel nice, I think my KJW feels just as nice. Now personally, I own a Hi Capa, but have handled the standard 1911, and it is on par with the Hi Capa. Now, internal wise, the 1911 has similar (if not the same) parts as the KJW. And mine ha held up extremely well for the first 9 months of ownership. There is very little sign of wear even though I try to use the gun every week.

My 2 cents. Go KJW.

11. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Right I do want one that works. I'm gonna be using it as a sidearm but I want it to be a good sidearm not a crappy 1911. So KJW?? That's the better one right because I plan on buying sometime within the next 4-5 days.

12. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes, the KJW is the better of the two.

13. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Yep I completely understand. I own 2 1911 colts...real ones and I shoot them ALL THE TIME!!! But the thing is I DCOA my guns...airsoft and real every other day. I Dissassemble, clean, oil, and assemble. I keep my guns up to par so for someone who does that, I don't worry about the wear and tear parts. If its a good gun...tell me so because I will listen and buy because I'm in desperate need of one. So KJW??

14. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Ok thanks. I've gotten KJW grins lot others too so I think my decision is made. Just have to find a good website that sells good All METAL airsoft guns. I normally order from Redwolf or Shortyusa.

15. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I can vouch for the KJW. The BEST TM clones in my opinion.
    I have a broken WE under my bed, and I have a year old KJW tank in my gun case.
    KJW gets my vote.

16. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Wow, I'm astonished by the amount of WE supporters. I returned my WE three times because they where all lemons. Never owned a KJW pistol, but I have owned a KJW KC-02 and the quality was wonderful.

17. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Thank youuu see I think you actually sealed the deal for me. Everyone else also said KJW because WE makes a lot of lemons. So you just made up my mind I think. Still deciding but it's pretty much made up.

18. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Mine came off Evike, an you get an extra mag for $3 IIRC.

19. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

Well I've gotten horrible reports about WE so I believe KJW is my best decision to make?

20. MauserP230

MauserP230 New Member

I've gotten good reports about evike. I know its really popular so I'll probably be ordering my first gun from there. All my others were from different websites.