Weak kwa hop up

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Qwerty21, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Qwerty21

Qwerty21 New Member

My kwa m4a1 has very weak hop up somebody told me the pegs(nubs?) weren't long enough for the barrel and the barrel needed widened would a new barrel fix this? Or a new hopup unit? Or both

2. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    You probably have some grease on the bucking from when it was shipped. Take the bucking off of the inner barrel and wash it in warm soapy water and let air dry. Re-install and see if the hop up improves. While you are at it, make sure the nub is in the hop up arm.

3. Qwerty21

Qwerty21 New Member

Ill give it a shot thanks

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Did this problem develop overtime or was it out of the box?

5. Qwerty21

Qwerty21 New Member

Out of the box I know plenty of people who have this problem

6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Alright, tell you what. You're going to have better range and accuracy then any KWA on the field if you listen to the advice I will give you, which will involve easy modifications to do while you're fixing the problem you have here. However, for me to give you this help, you must first fix all spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in this thread and all future posts.

If you don't want the help and/or don't fix your writing, just fix it by taking off the bucking and washing it in slightly warm warm water with dish soap and degreaser.