Weesatch & Backpack

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by RedSofters, Dec 6, 2012.

1. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    I have a HSGI Weesatch that I just got. I've been wanting to get a tactical backpack (one that does NOT attach to the molle). I know I can remove the back plate, but is there a good way to attach the pack to it? If not, there's always hydration carriers with pouches on them, but I'd rather a larger backpack. Thanks!

2. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    Try a small Camel back, I have a small one that I use to carry spare gas/ammo/snacks/water. & I run a Weesatch rig as well =p

3. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    you think this would work? i found one like this very cheap.

Attached Files:

4. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    and could you possibly post some pics to show how you attached the two?

5. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    Don't attach your pack.

Then, you can take it off to get to everything inside.

If you don't need to get to that stuff, or it's just things like Thunder B and water, then it could just be small molle pouches instead of a pack.

With a pack's volume, you can put a lot more inside - including items taken at objectives, etc. Having shoulder straps enables you to get the stuff in and out.

6. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    If you do want an attached pack, just get a MAP (Flyye/Pantac MBSS hydration carrier)
    McGee, did you/do you work with MIKEFORCEairsoft?

7. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I own this back PAC. I like it allot. I have used it in games and I use it for school. The only thing I hate about it is the straps twist up when you put it on.

8. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Making your assault pack an integral part of your rig (can't take off pack without partially dis-assembling your rig), is a terrible idea. Just like McGee said, if the stuff you needed was *that* important, it should be easier to access and not require a teammate to go digging for.

I dunno where everyone gets this idea that they should wear an assault pack at all times on the field. Leave that crap at the staging area, unless you are going on an extended patrol, or unless your mission specifically requires a 3rd line.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Folks might play differently from you, SilentVector. At the milsim games here in Michigan, as long as my gun is working, I'm only going back to the staging area at lunch and at the end of the day. I keep a few things in my MAP that aren't important to get to quickly but that I might want to have, like extra bbs or a snack. Yeah, I have to ask my teammate to snag them for me, but that's why I have teammates. I've rummaged through other guys' packs for them, they do it for me, nobody minds. It's far more comfortable than having a backpack over my gear. The pack doesn't shift or slide at all and I don't have shoulder straps cutting across the stuff on the front of my vest or getting tangled up with my sling or comms. I wouldn't do it any other way than the way I do it.

10. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    I went to Mike Force game once, and met some of them at a Cimmerians game at least one time a few years back - but I'm not part of them.

11. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Fair enough point, Knief.

I would still consider something extremely small like the MAP, a different animal than a full blown 3-day pack though. Call it a knee-jerk reaction, but every time someone says they want to carry a pack, I picture a bloated 3-day pack.

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I know very few people who take the field with a 3 day pack, and even fewer who carry enough stuff to warrant a 3 day pack. Unless you actively play with a number of players who do it, you might want to change your outlook on what carrying a pack means. In almost all cases that I've seen, it means carrying something like a MAP.