Weird problem with gun

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Computertech, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Hey guys im having a weird problem with my ICS m4, when I pull the trigger nothing happens, I know my motor needs to be adjusted but I gotta do this first. I'm guessing its either a blown fuse or trigger contact. Any help will be nice.

2. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Hartsgrove
    1. Is your battery charged?
    2. Is your battery any good?
    3. Check all of your connectors to see if they are good. Sometimes a wire may come a bit loose and break the connection.
    4. Like you said, your fuse may be blown. Check that. ICS rifles *should* still use a 30 amp automotive blade fuse. You can get those at virtually any auto parts store.
    5. It would be a good idea to check your trigger contacts, but those usually don't cause this problem.
    6. Check your motor connectors. If one of those was bent too far or too much, they will snap inside the heat shrink and cut the connection. You can tell if it snapped by simply applying a bit of pressure to see if it bends. If it bends easily, it probably snapped and needs to be replaced.

I would use a multimeter when your battery is plugged in and thoroughly test every connection point on your gun to determine what is causing the problem, starting from your battery and working your way down to your motor connectors. Once you find a place where the current has stopped flowing, you have found your problem (Or at least one of them).

Hope this helps :)

3. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    It might also be a wire with the coating stripped off, thus causing a short.

4. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Alright thanks I'll check it out tonight

5. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Alright so I found out the problem [​IMG][​IMG]. This black thing connected to my motor is broken, how can I fix this. Id prefer if I didn't have to buy online. Would I be able to solder it on or should I buy a completly new wire?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    You can solder it on, I expect you're running tamiya plugs? Then you shouldn't see any noticeable difference.

7. Computertech

Computertech New Member

So what would be the fix to it?

8. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Solder on a new connector.

9. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Alright thanks I'm going to buy some stuff and see if I can fix it tomorrow

10. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Raven can you re link that, it only brings me to the website.
    Or do you think I could solder on the broken piece

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  11. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    No your going to need a new one. Brill armory and clandestine both have them if you cant get the link for digikey. You could solder the old piece back on but it wont last vary long, also be careful if you do solder the old piece back on not to use to much solder or flux as it will run down in the connector channel, causing a lot of fitment problems.

12. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Give me a bit and I'll get new links.

13. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015