Well awp L96

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by RyanMathews, Aug 2, 2012.

1. RyanMathews

RyanMathews New Member

I have this gun what gram bbs do you use in this

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    In mine I use .28g bbs. they work very well, but make sure that the bb is of a high quality

4. RyanMathews

RyanMathews New Member

Ok and does anyone know a good trigger box upgrade for this gun?

5. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Laylax has an outstanding trigger box, perfect for the L96...if your willing to pay $220.

6. RyanMathews

RyanMathews New Member

Do you think it would be better to to buy the trigger box it came with and sell the gun and get a better sniper?

7. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

There's not really a "better sniper". If you upgrade that gun (200-500$) or higher, it will be deadly.

8. RyanMathews

RyanMathews New Member

oh ok thanks can you tell me the parts i should buy. thanks.

9. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    that all depends on your price range.

for example, trigger box upgrades could cost between $20-$300
    spring and piston upgrades could cost between $25-$100 or more
    barrel upgrades could cost between $20-$140
    a pdi hop up costs around $78

You could completely upgrade your gun for $200, but the results will not be as great as spending the extra $300 on higher quality parts.

I myself, am taking the cheaper route. But that is because I am 17 and can't be spending too much on toy guns

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

i have never seen a 300 dollar trigger box... Link me. And if your referring to a v-z trigger they are 100-200. So idk where you saw a 300 dollar one.

Generally the trigger (if its a z) comes with a piston and the hopup will come with the piston head. Barrel upgrades are not completely necessary and Madbull is a great brand and alot cheaper as long as you dont want to ER-hop.

You definitely want to R-Hop though. Springs are pretty cheap as well. The real thing that costs you cash is your own time. If you dont have the time to sit there and modify and get the best compression possible then you will lack consistency. Which means a lack in accuracy. And in airsoft sniping. Accuracy lacking is not acceptable.

11. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Hey man, look up a laylax trigger box. They get up pretty close to $300 if you add in the shipping.

12. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
  13. JTFox

JTFox New Member

This is a great z-trigger set, worth every penny. I have it in my vsr10. The spring for the recoil on the sear needs to be tightened a little, but otherwise its wonderful and will last for years.

Edit: For a cheaper z-trigger set go for an Action Army Z-Trigger. Its around $130

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012