Well: G55

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Yokomohoyo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Sorry, I did a search on the GBB thread and couldn't find anything on the G55 (Well's MP5K).

I was wondering if anyone has used one and could provide some details on this replica.

I was looking for a side arm/CQB primary. Seeing how it shoots at 300fps (stock) and the 50 Round magazines run for about $35, I thought it might be a good back up/cqb replica.

BTW: here's the link http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-WEL-MP5K-G55.htm

2. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one and it's awful. Not overly accurate, magazines leak, and it consistently jams on semi auto. On fully automatic, half the BBs wind up inside the gun bouncing around.

3. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    OK, thanks I guess I wont be picking one up. I knew it sounded too good to be true at under $90...

4. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

What's your budget? Maybe we can help you ind a better gun that's in your price range? Galaxy's MP5k is quite nice, and rather cheap. It's an AEG though.

5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
  6. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Well, budget doesn't quite matter at the moment. I'll be receiving my Christmas bonus this week and I was thinking of dropping it into a new replica. I should be getting around $600 and was thinking of a KWA or TM MP7 but then I saw the G55. Just had to ask, before I placed the order.

7. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

That's a pretty loose budget. What kind of gun would you like? M4, AK47, G3, MP5, etc...

8. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Well lets see that I own: a JG M733, a CA M15A3 (sportline), a JG M16A3 with a 203 (custom build), a pair of HFC's DarkHawk's a Well R4, a DE triple shot shotty, a G&G CM M4, a KWA FPG and a few more replicas I have tossed around that I haven't used in years (an UTG mp5, an JG AUG, a JG P90, a JG G36c and a JG G3).

As for like's well. Lets just say that I don't like AK's, they just don't feel natural to me.

I hate AK's too. M4's are also too mainstream.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate them, I just find them unnatural in my hands...

The first rifle I ever fired was an M16a2 back when I was in the army. After I left the service I started playing airsoft (years after). Maybe that's why I own and use so many AR's. They just feel like I'm slipping on a glove or a pair of combat boots... People tend to laugh when I go into a CQC game with my CA, seeing how its so "large" but its like an extension of myself.

I have owned almost every kind of model of airsoft replica I can get my hands on. From the ones I listed before to AKS 74u, AK 74 (regular type), AK Spetsnaz, a Famas and a few bolt actions (Remington 700 I believe its called vsr-10 on airsoft, L96 and another that resembled the 700 called BAR-10). Not to mention all the hand guns I've had over the years that either I sell to a buddy or just end up in pieces.

I don't baby my replicas. I use them until they can't be used anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  9. SO_CAL_PUNISHER

SO_CAL_PUNISHER New Member

I like the idea of MP7's they are epic! I personally picked up the KWA one. and that thing is a beast. I got it not too long ago at Airsplat they had a great deal for 21% off all items. man I wish it was still going on. you should check it out the MP7 is totally the way to go.