Well G96

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by DadCRO, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Hi everyone! I'd like to get into sniping, (don't discourage me; I know the risks) and I'd like to get a gas sniper rifle. Specifically, the Well G96. I know I'll have to upgrade it, but is it decently reliable stock? Does anyone have any experience with it? And I'm open to suggestions for a different gas sniper rifle, as long as it's similar to the type 96.

2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

What is your budget for the gun?

3. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

I don't really understand what you're saying. The gun costs +/- $250. I'd buy it and get upgrades when I get more money. If you are talking about any gas sniper in general, I don't really want to spend more than $250.

4. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I was asking your budget for a gun, sometimes what people want to get(a link wouldve helped) is lower than what they are willing to spend, so they can actually get a much better gun.

Anyway, on the Well G96:
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/well-g96-51152/
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/new-gun-50535/
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f8/have-more-money-help-pick-sniper-rifle-44108/

Take the time to read them, most say that the Well G96 is not worth it at all. If you are set on an L96, I believe G&G produce a decent one, if you just want a gas sniper, get the KJW M700.

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I believe G&G's is gas. Not 100% though.

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Yes it is, I was saying if he wanted a gas L96 the G&G was decent, or so I have heard, but if he wants a gas sniper of any model, the KJW M700 is probably the best choice.

7. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

The G&G one is a bit expensive. However, I'm starting to think I actually want the M700, even though I like the type 96. I want to know some things, though:

Which is better stock; the M700 or the G96?
    And is that annoying front sight removable on the M700?
    Also, if I got the M700, what length barrel should I use? The EGDI barrels are way too expensive, but everything else is either too short or too long. If I got a 650 mm barrel, would it stick out of the M700?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  8. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    If you by a quality tool for a job, you'll buy it only once and save a great deal of money over time. In this case, the G&G G96 is the better tool, if you want to run gas. Its FPS is too hot for many fields though. If you learn all you can about sniping, you should be able to cause just as much grief with a springer as you might with a gas rifle.

9. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Ok, I've decided to get the M700. I was looking around for upgrades for it, and this is what I was thinking of getting:

King Arms VSR bucking
    Angel Custom 6.01 barrel

I may get a new hop up unit when I get more money. Would the bucking and the barrel be enough to get me started?

10. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Hey everyone! Bit of a necro, but I thought I'd revive a related thread rather than start a new one.

So I ended up getting the KJW, and I love it. However, as airsoft is a hobby, I want to get another sniper rifle, and this time, I am set on the L96 type body. I've searched and searched, and I keep coming back to the Well G96 (yes, again). However, I'm not here to ask if I should get it. I've been looking around, and I can't find it in stock anywhere besides Airsplat.

So basically, is it worth the risk buying from Airsplat, or should I get one on ebay or something?

11. ncis_airsoft

ncis_airsoft Member

I thought I saw it on Airsoft station I got an email about it being back in stock or maybe it was a different gun but you could check and see

12. Rock5

Rock5 New Member

Atlanta
    I have purchased from Airsplat before and didn't have any problems.

13. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

It looks like Airsoft Station has them for mislabeled as TSD for $50 more without the scope. So I think I'll probably go with Airsplat.

14. AAAOA

AAAOA New Member

alexandria
    6.01 seems a bit tight don't you think? I mean, a little piece of dirt in the barrel or a small imperfection on the bb could jam the gun.

15. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

First of all, the dirt thing is a myth; talk to HS5. Secondly, the relevant post is at the bottom of page 1.