well mp7 build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Rocky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    buying a well mp7! Goals 18 rps,200 ft range,and 12 in groupings at 150 ft. please help.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    You are not going to get 200' range with an AEP. There is not enough volume in the cylinder to support the velocity required for that range. AEPs cap out at around 300 FPS.

In addition, the 18 RPS requirement will mean either short stroking the piston (limiting FPS output) or running an external 11.1V Lipo, which will burn up the stock motor before too long. Also, there are no aftermarket motors for the SMG AEPs. The motor shaft is too long.

If you really want to push the limits of an AEP gearbox, you're looking at close to $200 in Laylax/Nine Ball/PDI parts to do it (at least the SHS gear sets are pretty inexpensive, when they're available).

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    cant they be r hopped,and a new bucking should get a little bit more range and a external 7.4 should do the trick for rof

4. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Wire it to deans and a 7.4 should be able to fit inside.

5. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    yeah thats what i was going to do.

got the gun today,worried about taking it apart,gotta get someone to upgrade it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Naw dude, taking it apart is easy. There are plenty of diss-assembly guides for the electric version of the mp7.

You actually don't have to take it apart very much. The gearbox and inner barrel can be accessed by taking off the stock of the gun.

7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    can it me shimmed? or any other mods?

8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    so i think im going to see if some can rhop it.

9. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    if it has a gearbox it can be shimmed, just a $5 radio shack motor will work, laylax upgrade it so with a 9.6 its almost 30rps. the mags are garbage though and wont feed past 16

10. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Brock its not that simple the motor shaft is differant,And i dont want 30 rps i want 20 tops. That way i dont burn up the motor i want more range than anything im going to get the max range out of this thing.

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Listen to about half of what he said. Shim the gearbox, regrease, get a new hopup bucking. As far as other upgrades, airsoft atlanta has a laylax/nineball adapter. Get a peq box with it. Don't use a 9.6 use an 8.4 because the 9.6 will fry the motor eventually.

12. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    randy, your so funny.
    the motor is that similar to that of a lpeg(crossman mp5 lol)
    it is a standard electric motor(not that of an airsoft gun) but the motor shaft is shorter. The piston is not compatible with anything so thats a no go.
    Laylax uprade is pretty much all you can do to it. :)
    trust me....
    im a doctor.

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I forgot to mention you can also upgrade the barrel. But unless you r hop it you won't be getting more than 150 feet of range period.