WG Co2 1911?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Fyzix, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Hey, guys. A friend is getting out of airsoft and he's offering to sell me his (working) WG Co2 1911 ('full' metal GBB) for $40.

Now I'm quite stingy with my cash, and I've heard very different opinions, and I'd like to straighten them out.
    Opinion A: They break quite easily, have EXTREMELY high FPS on a new cartrige (600 FPS +), mags leak a lot.
    Opinion B: The exact opposite of A, sturdy, FPS doesn't vary that much on new fills, mags don't leak, great pistols.

So, My question is, which one is more correct? Opinion A, or opinion B?

For $40, would you take it?

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    See if you can shoot it first and use the poor mans chrono to see if it will be 600 on a new fill.

3. The_Black_Knight

The_Black_Knight New Member

For $40, yes, it's worth it. My mags have leaked a number of times, but you can get new
    O-rings at pretty much any hardware store.
    When it's working right, you'l get some pretty good range out of it, and guys will definitely call their hits.
    If you play at places where people don't care too much about your FPS (I.e. private fields.) Then it's definitely worth the cash.

4. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    I agree. it's worth it for 40 bucks but leaky mags are a pain and take alittle mantinence to get them running once they start leaking. but ALWAYS lube lube lube your mag and you will have fewer troubles

5. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    I'd also say its kind of in the middle of option A and B.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Like most CO2 guns, the problem is not extremely high FPS on a fresh cartridge, but extremely low FPS on an almost empty cartridge. You need to take good care of the seals, because they freeze for a second when gas is passing by them. Lubrication is key.

7. Fyzix

Garland
    Ok guys. I'll pick it up. Thanks for the quick answers! :)

8. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Um, Fyzix? Despite belief on the last posts, I would encourage you not to do it, unless you'll resell it. I’ll never use a WG again. I had one (a $60 NBB co2) and it was utter crapness. It was exactly what your “opinion A” stated…..It hurt like hell, and was SO inconsistent!

9. soviet

soviet New Member

And if it sucks. Sell it!

10. Fyzix

Garland
    Exactly. Either way. I have a nice Co2 pistol, or more cash towards a brand spankin' new iTouch. :p