WG M701 revolver

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Masonicrat, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

I bought the exact same revolver you linked to.
    The fact is that WG revolvers aren't that great. They're made out of pot metal, and the plastic grip breaks easily. It also shoots very hot, so you won't be able to use it indoors, and there's no guarantee it'll pass the chrono for outdoor play. And to add even more onto this, sometimes the drum won't properly line up with the chamber if you pull the hammer or trigger too quickly. I would only get one as a wall hanger.
    If you are serious about using a revolver, then take a look at the TM python series. I hear they're great.
    Here's a link to one. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo..._Marui_Python_357_6_inch_Stainless_Silver.htm

3. Cyphre

Cyphre New Member

Los Angeles
    If you intend to use it as a backyard plinker, it's not bad! If you want something to use in a game, don't bother because it will never pass chrono anywhere. Friend of mine brought one along during one game and it was running considerably hotter than 400fps, even using .38's. Maybe they've since changed their design, but I wouldn't count on that websites information as entirely accurate.

4. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
  5. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Are you planning on using this in a skirmish, or just backyard plinking?

6. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Last ditch for my m60 in a skirmish

7. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Well, from looking at some vids and reviews of the second one you linked to, it looks like it only shoots 50 feet. The TM may be more expensive, but its worth it.
    You get what you pay for.

8. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
  9. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

No, unless you tapped the CO2 canister and used green gas in it.

10. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    That's a pain in the posterior. How would one go about doing that?

Edit: would it help if I went to .28 bbs and dry fired it like 30 times?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  11. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Well, it was meant as a bit of a joke. If you wanted to do it, you'd have to put in an empty CO2 canister, drill a hole, and plug it with a gas inlet valve.

Using .28's would help, but not the kind of help you're looking for. Force = Mass x Acceleration. With this in mind, the BB would go slower, but it would have more force. In other words, yes, you are shooting 400 FPS with .28s, but it feels like you're being shot with .2s going 450 FPS.
    Short answer, no.

dry firing it 30 time would help. It would de compress the gas in the canister, thus making the gun shoot a little slower. But it's still not a solution.

The TM I linked you still stands as your best option so far. Look at it this way. It's more expensive, but what were you going to pay for extra shells for the other revolvers? At least $30 more just so that you could have enough shells to use it. The TM doesn't use shells, and is capable of holding 24 BBs in one drum. So, in other words, it's actually cheaper in the long run.

12. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Ok, thanks for all the help, only issue is that I'd like to avoid shipping from Asia if at all possible. No where has one! Any advice where to find one?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  13. Cyphre

Cyphre New Member

Los Angeles
    That last one you linked is a literal BB gun, not airsoft. There really aren't a lot of decent revolver options stateside. I personally use Tanaka revolvers which are far more skirmishable than shell-based airsoft revolvers (although their more recent models use shells), but they would be even more expensive and difficult to find than anything else linked thus far. That Marui linked is your best bet, and overseas retailers are fine. It's not like you're heading to a storefront to pick this up anyway.

14. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Thanks, I've decided to abandon my revolver dreams for a while, just going to get a drop leg holster for mp7.

15. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Until A friend of mine emailed me about a good deal on a marushin mateba m2007 in 8mm, is it a good idea for $125?

16. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Yeah, it's a great deal. But then you have to buy extra shells.
    I'll say it once more, if you are going to buy a revolver, then play it safe and get a TM.