What are some good starter guns on Evike?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by SlyCoopersButt, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SlyCoopersButt

SlyCoopersButt New Member

Champlin
    My price range is around $100-$150. I'm trying to find a good entry-level gun that isn't made out of cheap plastic. Polymer is fine with me but I want it to be sturdy. I've found two that interest me but I don't know if they're good or not.

The first is an ARMALITE M15 with a rail system and the second is an H&K UMP package deal that comes with two extra mags and BB's.

Are either of these two any good? I'm planning on doing lots of outdoor games since my local field only has outdoor arenas.

2. gregomacomb

gregomacomb New Member

Chesterfield
    I'd recommend the echo 1 e90 and a five pack of mid caps. Because the first gun listed will not hold up and the second unless those mags are mid caps they will be horrendous becausethe spring that makes the bbs wimd is just far to small do load anymore than 20 bbs at a time.

3. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Cyma, JG, Dboys. These are my recommendations

4. MrObjectivo

MrObjectivo New Member

Combat machines are a good choice, but look at many other posts made for this reason and you will find other suggestions, you are gunna have to do so research, not many people like spoon feeding around here.

5. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

i would have to disagree, combat machines are known for having poor internal parts, and their motors burn out very easily

6. XSolarFantomX

XSolarFantomX New Member

Grosse pointe
    Kwa for life 493893939393

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

If you're trying to choose a gun that isn't super great, sure.

8. Skipjack647

Skipjack647 Member

Nashville
    KWAs CQR is 189 on Evike. Ive never had problems with KWA and their CQR has the exact same internals as their more expensive AEGs. Rewire it to the back and get a crane stock or battery bag with a 11.1v 15-20c lipo, and any extra accessories you want and you have a reliable platform. The proprietary parts are annoying but the ones that are dont need replacing. They function fine. They are guns that just work well. People give them hell since they have proprietary parts and it is dumb in my opinion but then again they dont break either.

9. smiles

smiles Active Member

fleetwood

If you use the coupon for whatever percent off evike is running right now, it brings it even lower.

10. Skipjack647

Skipjack647 Member

Nashville
    All the more reason. Their coupon codes usually dont save you anything if its under 100 bucks. If it doesnt get free shipping the free shipping code has always saved more than the 23% or the other codes they have going on. If it does than go through them all and save the most you can.

OP, I would spend the extra 30-40 bucks out of your price range and get a CQR. They have great internals in my experience and dont really need upgrades and the externals are made well and fit really great but they arent anything special with trademarks or the like. They have great potential for external upgrades like rails and such so you can pimp it all you want.

11. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    I just got the JG M4 CQB from airrattle $136.
    75% metal. Just upper and lower and crane stock are polymer. Mine shoots out of the box 410FPS and if you upgrade to a 9.6v 1600 mah this gun is a beast.

12. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    I would go with either a cyma ak or JG m4, either will not dissappoint

13. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    You can get a solid CYMA AK for that price range.

14. Scallene

Scallene Member

Olympia
    Dboys and JG are also good guns their m4s are nice Echo 1 p90 was my first and it still works great. Depends on gameplay type but a gbb handgun can be fun.

15. kalaka

kalaka New Member

Metro Area
    I just got a Dboys AK last month for $130. Full metal with wood furniture. Metal body and gearbox. I'm really happy with the accuracy and range of mine. There's a CQB version going for even cheaper right now.
    http://www.evike.com/products/30464/