what are the common problems with APS

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by krix0cris, Sep 13, 2015.

1. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    i decided to invest in a new hobby and since i loved paintball im giving airsoft a try.
    i have been looking at guns while i wait for the permit(im in switzerland and i need a permit to own the gun).
    i thinking of buying this gun:
    A.P.S. Low Profile Adapt Rail System Keymod AEG (ASR116, BK)

but someone told me aps has some problems. can you confirm?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Simply stated, for the price you can get FAR better. Better performing with more longevity.
    If you're jumping through hoops and all this just to get an airsoft gun, don't waste your money on this brand.

3. Noah_6

Noah_6 Member

Burbank
    I had an APS AK once. The motor cage has this weird problem where the motor never engages with the gearbox. I've seen this happen on 2 APS AKs so far. I've also had a problem on mine, where it kept locking up and the only way I could fix it was by short stroking by 3 teeth.

4. asmortus

asmortus New Member

tulare
    had a aps uar once for about 3 days untill it broke. I hated that crap and now when I hear aps I almost vomit. They suck stay away. The gearbox on mine locked up like ever time I shot full auto, and the motor died. good accuracy though when it did work.

5. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    Dont worry. Already decided on a A&K SR-25 that is just 30 chf more expensive. And for now im loving everything about her.

6. QCDiscus

QCDiscus Member

Quad Cities
    I love my APS

Well I have only had my APS 110 for one season and it has worked flawlessly for me so far. My only issue is I hate the crane stock but that's my personal preference ( want to go back to a full stock)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Topshotz357 likes this.
  7. shade62109

shade62109 New Member

Vancouver
    did you ever upgrade your aps asr 110? If so how? I'm kinda a noob and just looking for some more info on my gun

8. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Well-Known Member

Mountain Home
    What would you like to change about its current performance? E.g range, accuracy, FPS, RPS, trigger response, joule creep etc.

9. link0

link0 Member

San Jose
    I think APS has poor quality control so a lot of people get lemons. I actually bought a very very used full metal APS m4 EBB that's still working great (all stock too), so it's luck of the draw.

10. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    Brittle pot metal...a lot of it.

It' not nick named Another Piece of Poo for nothing.

11. shade62109

shade62109 New Member

Vancouver
    I think I want a bit more range on it

12. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    Switch out the hop-up packing and nub. Shoot .25g bbs if not .28g bbs.

Shooting a heavy weight bb will give you a range bump without having to open your mechbox.

13. shade62109

shade62109 New Member

Vancouver
    Ok thanks so much man