What barrel will fit?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by aryneel, Nov 25, 2012.

1. aryneel

aryneel New Member

Hey everyone, so I am about to start a build from the ground up and I have almost everything figured out, but I have one question.

And my question is, what is the longest inner barrel will fit in this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_88&products_id=28507?

I have heard of people "cutting" their barrels, but I don't know if they mean this literally, and if so how can I cut it so that the inside doesn't get messed up?

Thanks for your help.

2. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    A 141mm inner barrel should fit nicely in that. But if u really want to just cut it what you could do is tape it where you would like to make the cut and use a hack saw or you can use a pipe cutter. That will give you the best cut most even cut.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You can't forget deburring where you cut and making a cone shape on the barrel end (what's the name for that again?). Going on two days without sleep....

4. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    The term is "crowning'.It is essentially beveling the inside inner barrel exit at a 45 degree angle or so to the end of the barrel.I use a tubing cutter with a reaming tool to cut my barrels down with,and crown them with an oval dremel tool stone and a little oil.Finish the job with some 80 grit emery cloth and your done.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Thank you.... Lol. Lack of sleep is a kills any possibility of me remembering stuff. Lol.

6. aryneel

aryneel New Member

Ok thanks everyone for your help, I'll see if I can find a 141mm barrel, and if I can't then ill cut and crown a barrel.