What battery should I get?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by buda, Feb 21, 2016.

1. buda

buda New Member

2. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    I never knew that model existed actually. Anyway, everyone recommends NiMH batteries as starter batteries.
    Look up "9.6v nunchuck" on Evike and get a smart charger on Evike too.

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I would suggest a lipo, they are smaller and give better performance than nimh batteries. Hobbyking.com has much better prices than any airsoft retailers. A 7.4v lipo is a good place to start.

Also, they have nice balance chargers for reasonable prices at hobby king.

4. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    This path saves time and money but failure to take care of them properly can be a health hazard

5. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    That is true with any battery, i have had a nimh battery catch fire in one of my guns, but never had an issue with lipos. Lipos are in use in cell phones, computers, and a lot of modern electronics, if they were as bad as some airsofters claim, you would hear more horror stories about them. They are no more harmful than any other battery, the only thing extra to remember is to not fully discharge the battery.

Here is a link to an inexpensive battery that would fit the gun you linked nicely.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=84620

6. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    I have over charged, discharged, thrown them in water, stored them in my freezer, so on and have never had any issue with a NiMH.
    Yesterday a lipo caught fire most likely because he constantly dipped the voltage. I'm just saying if you aren't familiar with taking care of a better, NiMH is fine to star with

7. buda

buda New Member

I'm confused on the "Tayima" And "Tayima Small" connectors, I don't want to get the wrong battery for the gun.

8. Airsoft444

Airsoft444 Mad Scientist Supporting Member

Milwaukee
    The top is a large tamiya and the bottom is a small. Most guns come with a small, but I will check your gun real quick.
    Edit: Your gun is labeled as tamiya, so there is a 99% chance it is small tamiya.
    ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1456176375.676556.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  9. buda

buda New Member

Alright thanks so much

10. Berkeley

Berkeley New Member

Berkeley