What brands to replicate my load out

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Tac-Medic, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Tac-Medic

Tac-Medic New Member

Warrensburg
    image-530874047.jpg

image-1551291915.jpg

These are the guns I would like to have airsoft versions of. The AR has a 16 inch barrel and a Troy claymore muzzle break. Do they make airsoft breaks? Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012

3. Tac-Medic

Tac-Medic New Member

Warrensburg
    Thanks, that was fast. As far as the AR goes I was thinking a GBBR. And the glock is a 19 but any glock replica will work. One more question though, do the pistols fit in kydex or are the tolerances off enough that I'll have to switch to nylon?

4. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Here's a G19, $140, as far as the kydex holster goes, I'm sure it will fit as long as it's made for the G19. If you can't find one for the G19 you could probably fit it in one for a G17/G18, the shape of Glocks don't change that much...

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The KSC glock should be as near to 1:1 as it gets and will certainly fit in a Kydex holster no problem. The TM glock series is a bit wide and make for a tight fit. I've found that when that's the case, you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun to form the kydex a bit wider to fit the gun.

6. Tac-Medic

Tac-Medic New Member

Warrensburg
    Thanks. I know my fiancés G22 will fit in my G19 holster I just wasn't sure how accurate the scale is with airsoft guns. I found a guy who is giving me a KJ G19. He says its old and ugly (fake looking carbon fiber paintjob) and the mag is busted but I'm sure I can find a replacement.

7. Broadway

Broadway New Member

As Kneif said it's probably near 1:1 scale as are most airsoft guns. They are built to be as accurate as possible.

8. Tac-Medic

Tac-Medic New Member

Warrensburg
    As a side note, what do you guys run as plates in your IBAs. I'm not really comfortable running 350$ ceramics in my plate carrier, but I need to keep my gear consistent. I've seen foam plates on amazon but its the weight I don't want changing. Is this a common thing with you guys? I was thinking of making some with cardboard and epoxy for stiffness and added weight.

9. Broadway

Broadway New Member

I've heard of people buying the replica SAPIs (the foam ones) and filling them with sand to make them feel like the real thing, I don't really know how that's possible, but then again I've never torn into one them so I don't really know what's inside of them.

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Most people don't run real plates. You can get replica foam or plastic plates for pretty cheap, or you can make your own using cardboard.

11. SandmanOperations

SandmanOperations New Member

Edmond

Another alternative is Team Wendy Training Plates. 1:1 scale in size and weight! However I wouldn't recommend using plates like these unless you are training to join the military. It's dead weight if your just trying to have fun!

I have a pair of them, and they are super nice!! Good training tool for sure

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012