What can be upgraded in my gun?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MikeyBugs95, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    I have an Airsoft Megastore Armory AMR4 MK1. Link: AMA AMR4 MK1 EBB MOSFET enhanced

I'm wondering if anybody has this and opened it up. I'd like to know what can be upgrade and what doesnt have to. Eventually I'd like to upgrade some things, or get someone to upgrade them. But otherwise just to further my knowledge of the gun. I have no knowledge of teching so I'm not taking any chances by taking the gun apart. So I'm asking here if anyone has any knowledge of this gun and basically whats inside.

2. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Well at that price, everything. Piston, motor, gears. It's all gonna need replacing.

3. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Everything can be "upgraded" or at least changed. If you are willing to take the risk of opening it, you can change everything. Do you have experience with internal upgrades?

4. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ok. Well... Not based on price? If theres something that pretty good, that would normally be an upgrade (say a spring, I think like a m110 or m130?) and not stock. I'd like to know. Eventually, when I get enough money, I'd like to have it upgraded slightly.

No. I dont have any experience with internals. As stated in this line:
    . So no. Im not taking any risk by opening it. the furthest I'll go in terms of upgrades is basic externals, i.e.: RIS, sling adaptor, stocks, sights, etc. Not even stuff like selector switches because of the parts that could get screwed up.

5. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    So what are you exactly asking? Upgrading normally means internal. Externally wise on an M4 you can upgrade everything. Get some rails(ex: magpul, Daniel Defense, Vltor, Madbull, G&P) Fore grips (ex: tango down, magpul, grip pod) Stocks (ex: magpul, Vltor, basic battery crane stock, or skeleton stock) Flashhider/suppresser (ex: Madbull, and JBU) Go to evike.com and just scroll through external upgrade list is the best option. Externals is all personal preference.

6. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Pistons can be upgraded to make the gun quieter and you can get a steel-tooth piston to make it stronger and less likely to break, you can upgrade your motor to increase your rate of fire, but if you so that I would highly suggest upgrading your gears to prevent problems (stock gears tend to break when a high speed motor is put in) I would suggest a tight-bore barrel (probably a 6.03mm) as for springs that depends on the field limits where you play and how much you want it to sting. If you have more questions fire away, I'll respond when I get a chance.

7. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Like Flocktome said, your really going to have to be more specific, we don't understand what your asking us...

8. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Piston heads make it quieter. so does sorbo which is put on the piston head. High speed motors are terrible. High torque motors are a lot better( lonex red ).

9. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Sorry, that's what I meant...

10. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Yeah I know about the externals. Like I said... externals are about all I myself can do since thats probably very easy. And I'm asking if anybody, whos had the same gun, or one of the guns in the line it comes off of, has opened one up. This gun comes upgraded from the factory pretty much. Ill explain under broadways quoted post.

Ok. Well it has a metal gearbox, 7mm metal bearing, and a 6.03 tbb. Spring im not worried about because it has a good fps and range as is. It also has a MOSFET. Thats basically all the info i got from browsing the description.

Now what I'd like to know is what I could do better. Im sorry if I'm being somewhat vague, but I can't really help it. I don't know internals. What I'd like to know is what i already have inside that isn't mentioned in the description of the gun and what I could upgrade....

11. Broadway

Broadway New Member

You can buy a high-torque motor and gears to match it if you want a higher ROF. I can't think of much else if it already has all of that. You can buy some of the internal parts in "pretty colors" since you just seem to be itching to spend money, but that's about all I can think of.

12. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Im far from itching to spend money. Im simply wondering which parts could be/ should be upgraded. I said I might want to upgrade some parts eventually. But not right now. But I do like "pretty colors." They're pretty.

13. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Well you'll never see them, but feel free to throw some money away...

14. sonsofthepatriots1

sonsofthepatriots1 Active Member

Just to clarify real fast. You say buy high torque motor and gears which I am assuming you mean either a quality brand set of gears at a 18:1 ratio or lower for a ROF increase. Otherwise your ROF will decrease.

15. Broadway

Broadway New Member

I mean higher quality gears than the stock gears, because the higher torque will snap the teeth off of the stock gears. And yes, you need 18:1 or lower, otherwise your ROF will decrease.

16. sonsofthepatriots1

sonsofthepatriots1 Active Member

Some of the newer people may not know that so i felt like they could have gotten confused.