what company???

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by rynbrdnr, Sep 3, 2012.

1. rynbrdnr

rynbrdnr New Member

holyoke
    I played airsoft for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it. I talked to the guys about what companys they believe in and what companys to stay away from. One guy said classic army and the others said either kwa or systema. I looked online and found two i really liked (kh45 and usp) both by kwa. whats yalls opinions on these and what should I look for since im new to airsoft...

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...Wait so are you asking about companies or about the guns you like?

3. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    KWA is a good brand, and their USP series is great. However, you should make sure you a have a primary first. What style of rifle do you like? As for the other brands, CA is decent, not great, and Systema is the best AEGs you can get, but often cost upwards of $850.

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    When they say "stay away from KWA" they mean to stay away from KWA's AEGs. KWA GBB are very nice and debatably close to the best. The USP series is famed for being really nice so that would be a good place to start.

5. CMYK_Ghost

CMYK_Ghost New Member

Agreed. KWA are a brilliant company especially for gas pistols. I have most of their glock series and they have not skipped a beat in over 2 years of playing with them.

I also agree that you should look into getting a primary first. But I do not agree that systema are the best. I have frequently seen them being out shot by other brands that cost a fraction of the cost.

I have found it is not always the brand I weapon you have, it is how you treat it and how you have it set up. For example, I still have my classic army sport line m15. I have done a few upgrades to it (a new set of gear, piston and inner barrel) and it has still cost me less than £250 and it frequently outshoots systemas and other high end rifles costing over £1500.

So I would say, look around, ask friends and other players at your local site what they use an how they find them. From my personal experience some stores just want to sell you things but most will give honest advice so you get the best experience with what you purchase.

6. mikenike

mikenike New Member

I had a KWA Glock 19 and a KWA G23F.

I loved it. Even for being an old-ish pistol it was amazing.

My 2GX KWA M4 was good.

It lasted from the day I bought it to the day I switched out the GB shell (not because the 2GX one broke).

It never broke in all the years I owned it only on a shim job and a lubing.

7. rynbrdnr

rynbrdnr New Member

holyoke
    It's nice to see that this forum is very active.

8. rynbrdnr

rynbrdnr New Member

holyoke
    I went and looked at a KWA 1911 and KWA's kg36c today, seems like two well rounded guns!!! I wasn't able to fire either one of them so what's y'all opinion on these two?

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Don't get a kwa aeg. Their pistols are good to get though. Get a different brand for your aeg.

10. rynbrdnr

rynbrdnr New Member

holyoke
    ##########################

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  11. rynbrdnr

rynbrdnr New Member

holyoke
    What about classic army?

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Classic army is a great brand. Don't get the sportlines though.

13. CMYK_Ghost

CMYK_Ghost New Member

Tbh, the classic army sportlines are not that bad. I have seen some that have outlasted high end vfc's, Celsius' and systemas. It all depends how you look after them. Also, with the cost of a sportsline being so low, I means you have that bit more money to spend on upgrades, adapting the rifle to your own personal needs. As opposed to buying something much more expensive and adapting yourself to the rifle.