What could i be impersonating?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by BlackDragonAirsoft, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BlackDragonAirsoft

BlackDragonAirsoft New Member

When i look at photos of my loadout, they look similar to things that ive seen before, but im not exactly savvy on the types of impersonations that are out there. Does anyone know what this could be/ could be similar to?
    Head:
    Helmet. Not a mich or anything, just a helmet that has been painted flat brown.
    For eye protection i wear Arena flakjaks in tan, or wileyx airrages.

Upper body/ torso:
    Around my neck i wear an od shemagh.
    My bdus are m81 pattern woodland.
    I wear an od plate carrier

Legs:
    M81 pants
    Black knee pads
    Tan rothco boots

Gun:
    King arms m4a1 or
    Jg R36c Hybrid modular carbine with red dot sight and foregrip.

Thanks in advance,
    BDA

2. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Got any pictures? Those are always helpful.

3. BlackDragonAirsoft

Sorry, i can completely understand that, but i couldnt get any up tonight. Ill have some up tommorow.
    Only reason i started this was i want to try and do a type of woodland special forces type thing and i wanted to know if i am close, or if this is a good starting point.

4. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    But there's different kinds of special operations forces( yes that's the correct term) and woodland is just a type of camo.

5. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    We need to know what all of your gear is. And say impression, or loadout, because military impersonation is illegal.

6. BlackDragonAirsoft

I understand, i was just putting woodland as the theme...

7. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Alright that's fine too...make sure to post pictures as fast as possible;)

8. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    He states his gear right up there.

9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    At this point? Any modern U.S. impression is out the window. Nobody uses OD anymore (and based on that you are using a plate carrier, you're looking for a modern impression) and nobody uses the skateboarding-style helmets anymore. On the other hand, get the M81 woodland BDU's crye-modded and you're one step towards a MARSOC impression.
    BTW, details are crutial. "OD Plate Carrier" tells us nothing but the colour.

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Grin stated what I meant. We don't know what an OD Plate Carrier might be. He could own an Eagle MBAV, or a Condor Compact Plate Carrier.

11. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Just posting to get in on this thread when more information comes up.

Odds are though, you'll have to rebuy everything.

12. BlackDragonAirsoft

Sorry, meant to say impression.

13. BlackDragonAirsoft

I would have posted what type of plate carrier, but im not exactly sure...
    Sorry for the double post.

14. BlackDragonAirsoft

Edit: and remember, im not in the position to go buying every piece of equipmemt. I was just asking if my loadout is anything similar to a past or present impression. Ill have pics up this evening.

15. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    Don't double and triple post, use the "Edit" button down on the bottom to edit your last post.

16. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    You could be the redneck next door!?!?

17. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Almost sounds like special forces. They pretty much wear what ever they want. But pictures would help.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It sounds nothing like SF, and more importantly, SF does not wear pretty much whatever they want, and even more importantly, we absolutely cannot wear whatever we want and call it an SF impression. That last point is important, so I'll elaborate a little. In order to build an impression, you're not putting together a kit of what some unit could hypothetically wear in a parallel universe. You're putting together a kit based on what we know and have seen used. This goes for Army Infantry, WWII era stuff, and SF, SEALs, ACE, Rangers, or whomever. Let pretend that SF groups could choose anything under the sun (I can't stress this enough, they cannot do that. Each unit has a lot more latitude in the gear they select for a given mission than infantry units, but they cannot pick anything they want). So hypothetically, SF could pick out NC Star Crossdraws and M1 Garands for a mission. That doesn't mean that an airsoft can wear an NC Star Crossdraw and carry an M1 Garand and say he's doing an SF impression because, and this is important, SF has never worn NC Star Crossdraws while carrying M1 Garands. We are limited to using gear that each unit has been documented wearing because that's the gear that we know they've worn. Anything else is not an impression. It's not even necessarily in the ballpark.

The most latitude that we have is wearing gear that two guys in the same unit in the same time period each wore, but that no individual wore together. But even then, that gear combination has to make sense. If you're doing an '08 Force Recon impression, you wouldn't wear an MBSS over a CIRAS because different Force Recon guys wore them separately.

19. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I have a friend in SF and he is aloud to wear pretty much anything he wants. They have run OPs in basketball shorts and teeshirts (don't ask me why but he said they did).

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's not entirely uncommon. When you have to look a certain way, you have to look a certain way. That's one of the reasons that a lot of SOF units are allowed to grow beards and long hair. The most widely known reference here would be Hoot's first mission in Blackhawk Down. I believe he was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and riding a nice bike. Though it's likely that was somewhat fictional, it's a great example of the types of things SOF units use civies for. But tell me when they use substandard gear when there's something better available that fits their needs and they choose not to use it. When's the last time they took Crossdraws or old timey double barrel shotguns into the field?

Regardless, the main point I'm trying to make is that even if SF can wear anything under the sun, that doesn't mean that we can wear anything under the sun and call it an SF kit. If SF hasn't worn it, then it's not an SF impression.