What diameter bushings does the cyma CMO35 have?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by pmang6, Sep 18, 2012.

1. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Title and what bushings/bearings do you guys recommend? Im thinking about taking mine off the market and upgrading it.

P.S. Would putting in a softer spring and lower ratio gears increase rof that much?

Thanks so much, Parker

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    I believe it has 7mm bushings. Id google that. I would recommend getting a better battery to increase the rof- that or converting your battery to deans- or both. Id get a 9.6v battery if you wanted to increase the rof some. I highly recommend converting to deans as well.

P.S. I like you name- because its mine as well. :cool:

3. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Yea I tried google no dice thats why I posted also Im gonna upgrade to a nine six. Is there a tutorial on converting to deans? or is it just cut off the old and solder on the new. Thanks

4. sneakyazn

sneakyazn New Member

Sacramento
    You can just look up tutorials in YouTube. There are plenty there. It is just as simple as snipping the old connector off and soldering need ones on

5. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yep that's just about it. Make sure you work with some dummy wires first if you haven't soldered before.

6. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Ok thanks will do the deans
    Also not to ignore you guys but how much would my rof increase with an m90 and 13:1 gears (shs with first gen bevel)

7. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    It would increase quite a bit- but also you'd probably want to get a high speed motor with that. Your choice.

8. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Yea I was trying to avoid a new motor because this would be the first time opening a gearbox so I didn't wanna mess with the motor cage and soldering and what not

9. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Ahh I see. You don't have to solder with a new motor though. It should just have motor connectors that can pop on or off.

10. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Oh ok learn some thing new every day right? Well what motor do you guys recommend; I don't want an insane rof and I want to be able to run it on a 9.6 no lipos......for now.

Thanks,

Parker

11. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    I haven't upgraded any of my motors in any of my guns so I can't help you on that one.

12. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Yea I might just leave it stock unless Im really lacking in the rof department after deans, a 9.6, new gears and lighter spring.

13. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
    reshim, re grease, check all air seal, if you want, lower the weight of piston will give you more little ROF.

14. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Is air seal important to rof?

15. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
    a little, better for you gearbox life too man.

16. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Ok sounds good looks like I'm gonna be learning a lot on this one the whole gluing sorbos in scares me though.

17. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    He meant the Swiss cheesing the piston.

18. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    It is easy. You just plop it on. You will be fine! :)

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    This isn't really correct.... At least not with my Cyma AKs-74u. With mine, and I would assume yours (pmang6), you will need to solder on your motor wires.

if you decide to get a motor I would recommend a lonex A1 or A2. Great motors. With one of those and your 13:1 gearset you should get 30+ rps (assuming you have other upgrades that will help). That might be a bit much, but it will be a sweet setup. Lonex motors can be found at,

http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_6_10

Another less expensive option would be SHS motors. I've heard good things about them too.

20. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Hmrmm.... You know that warm feeling you get inside when you know some thing awesome is about to happen? Well thats what I'm getting right now:D BUT that rof is a little ridiculous for my taste (and ammo stock!) how would 1:16 gears work? This should be quite the adventure!