What did GI say?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by chumbro, Nov 29, 2012.

1. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I came across a description of a VFC m4 today on GI. It basically said how amazing a VFC m4 is, and why you should buy one. Until I saw the last sentence.

Now, I've never had personal experience with Tokyo Marui, but I know they are not regarded in the airsoft world as plastic, or flimsy. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Attached Files:

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol.... That's called trash talk xD hahaha

The TM "metal" body guns are awesome though lol. The plastic guns are still regarded as great guns.

The Flimsy plastic guns are some double eagle guns, LPEG's, and Etc....

The only "flimsy" plastic bodies were the original Tokyo Marui guns from the early 90's with the FAMAS and the M16A1. But weren't all that bad. And they still rocked against the classic gas guns and "high end" springers at the time. And they still have lasted till this day.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    AirsoftGI doesn't carry much in the way of TM, and that's understandable. Overhead on TMs his high, risk on TMs is high, and margins are incredibly thin. Add to that that TM has one of the best reputations out there, and ASGI has a nice target to compare their guns to. If they trash TM, it doesn't matter because they don't lose money by not selling them. And in theory, it makes their product look better, since they're saying it's better than a TM and everybody knows (or at least, everybody should know) TMs are nice. It's sleazy marketing, and it works because it's mostly aimed at younger kids who don't know any better.

4. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    The TM PSG-1 is flemsy, the G3s I've seen have a small amount of wobble, M16A1s, as said. Other than that, I haven't seen any flexy TM guns, and those three are flemsy because of the plastic bodies and the super long guns.

I find it a little funny, what ASGI said.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    True lol. The PSG and G3 didn't pop in my head xD

It's the sleazy marketing ;) and they're limping ready!! Lol

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yea....dealt with probably 6 PSG-1 and 3 TM G3s by now....
    All I can say is...holy crap....
    Must have metal receiver or chamber block or mod it yourself...

7. Napple

Napple New Member

You can practically bend the tm mp5sd's stock in half. Tm have innovative internals. Their externals... Are not up to par... But i believe that is because of japanese laws. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Active Member

This is the last straw for GI. First, I contacted GI a few months ago to see if they were getting any TM guns or parts in soon. Sales rep is a snobbish fool and referred to TM as"inferior plastic garbage". Second, when they finally had one in stock, I ordered a mag for my TM G18C before it broke. They sent me a KWA mag, not the TM one I ordered for a specific reason. And now this. When will GI learn.....

9. Star_folder

Lexington
    hmmmm, I'm enjoying all this TM hate. I may have to purchase something from GI cause of this.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Active Member

That's a funny joke. :D

11. Star_folder

Lexington
    lol, who's joking? :p

12. Napple

Napple New Member

Hahah. See, i agree with you and disagree. In my opinion tm pistols are extremely nice and i love mine. But they are overpriced and overhyped. They look like garbage because they are made of plastic. If i didnt get a metal kit for my tm i wouldnt like it as much.
    Put it this way. A plastic pistol isnt worth $200.
    So buy a used tm. That's what i did.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Or just get a KJW.....

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Active Member

Haha! You guys are killing me today.

15. Napple

Napple New Member

Agreed (20charactera)

16. sp7549

sp7549 New Member

San Diego
    Correct me if im wrong, but aren't tm pistols like 1000x bettter the kjw pistol line?

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    If you can get past the fact they are plastic bodied; yes.

18. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Yes they are. Only thing good is the cast metal bodies for the KJW. And the new cold weather friendly nozzles and co2 rated red nozzles (they're ok).

Better range, consistency, and accuracy with a stock TM then a stock KJW. Tokyo Marui just is abs plastic but doesn't feel cheap.

I'd rather spend more money and buy a aftermarket metal frame and slide for a TM. Then grabbing a cheapy "cast pot metal" gun (not saying they're all pot metal. The TM will still last for years with abuse while the cheapy metal gun will last a few weeks of abuse.

19. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

I once thought a tm five seven was real till I shot it. Nicest tm I have ever fired.