What electric pistol should I get?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by hinova, Jun 10, 2018.

1. hinova

hinova Member

funny bc the rechargeable cans also has a disclaimer: "misuse or USE can result in serious injury or death" wtf. i'm going with hpa for half my mags

also, it must be the norm that retailers like evike repackages used guns bc the 'new one' i received looks used (faded coloring one side, rough edges around metal circle thing) but functions better than the one before. i guess i can't expect brand new out of the box

a reddit post about a similar experience. I'm sure there's more

https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/4fut20/update_evike_items_purchased_new_may_be_pre/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    Evike has a "red tag" sale wall with guns that have been used and returned. Almost never see a TM in the red tag area. Wonder if they are trying to re-sell those as new.

hinova likes this.

3. hinova

hinova Member

I really think they are reselling used items to salvage what they can.

I just received this email:

"Your case has been placed in holding for the following reasons:

An Evike.com RMA agent inspected item: 1x GP-TM-HICAPA51-B and verified that it is damaged due to user error. Barrel is loose due to removing the orange tip.

Your current options are:

1) Ship the item back to you
    2) Provide you with our paid-repair services. Our labor rates are $35.00 an hour plus parts and shipping.
    3) Refund the item with a 25% restocking fee"

I may have to go social media and post all of this if they force me to pay up. What a bunch of bastards

Attached Files:

-Spitfire- likes this.
  4. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Damn this sucks, I've had nothing but great things from evike. I guess it's a case by case basis

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Nothing is ever one way or the other...it is always both. The people that praise Evike with never any issue and the people that always have issues are outliers.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  6. hinova

hinova Member

hey guges and guys,

long time. you were right about not needing a flashlight or an hpa line for pistols so thanks for the warning before I went all out.

i've realized my tm auto pistol uses up my extended mags too fast so i am in need of a quality drum magazine that uses propane. maybe it's cheaper if i order it from overseas. any advice? thanks

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Welcome back. When you say it uses the mags up too fast do you mean gas consumption or bbs

-Spitfire- likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Get the extended mags...or do you have that already?

9. hinova

hinova Member

yea i have 6 extended mags but i still go through them so fast

10. hinova

hinova Member

thanks badger

the bb's. i carry speedloader but it's a pain so i def need a drum mag that's inexpensive and lightweight

11. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
  12. Fortsmithman

Fortsmithman Member

Fort Smith
    I know of only one thing CO2 has over green gas is that is its more readily available than green gas. In my town I have to mail order green gas, the retail outlets here stock CO2. With that said one of my pistols is a KJW KP01 E2 it uses both CO2 and green gas. It came with a CO2 magazine, but my preference is to use green gas as I have ordered replacement Tokyo Marui green gas magazines. Tokyo Marui magazines works with my KJW.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    If you have a Target, Walmart or a Hardware Store and you can get Propane for 1/2 the price of GG.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  14. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Buy a airsoft propane adapter, there is one on amazon from airsoft innovations. Then screw that sucker on a propane bottle and you're good

fred_ditto and -Spitfire- like this.
  15. hinova

hinova Member

interesting, it looks affordable. i'll check it out thanks

-Spitfire- likes this.
  16. hinova

hinova Member

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is for a M9. Not a Hicapa.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  18. hinova

hinova Member

crap thanks guges

19. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    You can use propane... Propane is green gas without the crazy price. I've used propane in 100-110 degree heat before, works great. The bottles are made to, you know, not explode.

fred_ditto and -Spitfire- like this.
  20. hinova

hinova Member

dang this won't work bc my mags aren't hpa tapped. don't think drum mag is possible