What gauge wiring is best?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Killshot_Jon, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Killshot_Jon

Killshot_Jon New Member

Tupelo
    And a link to buy it please.

2. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I've heard solid wire is better, but then I've heard Braided wire is better for more surface area. I don't know if that helps.

Also may want to ask those types of questions.

A better thread would have been,

What's the best type of wire for least resistance,

Solid or braided
    What type of metal is best
    And what size do most people use.

3. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    The larger the better but some guns can only fit certain sizes and smaller.

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    It's usually either 16awg or 14awg

5. RCV

RCV New Member

For airsoft purposes, 14awg is usually plenty. I use Turnigy 16awg silicone wiring from hobby king and it is fantastic.

6. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    I agree completely with RCV. I recently bought 10 meters of red and 10 meters of black 16 awg from hobbyking. It was around $20. So far it has been great however the strands that make up the wire are very thin and take a lot of solder but make a great connection.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

In theory 18AWG can handle the current in most setups, but lower resistance is always good, so use the thickest wire you can fit to be on the safe side. I use the 16AWG Turnigy wire from hobbyking too, it's really nice wire. The insulation is kinda thick, but seems to have good heat resistance and high strength, overall it's high quality but cheap wire.

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Yepp... that's about all I use. They sell the wiring in quite a few places, locally and online. Radioshack, Walmart, Target, CompUSA, and most online retailers.

On a side note: Please do not post things of which you do not know is true. Nothing I hate more than rumors and invalid information. If you don't know the answer, please do not post.

9. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Are you talking to me I can send you pictures of the wiring, the order form, and the guns it is in.