What gbbr for me

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by AirsoftMan29, Oct 1, 2012.

1. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    I play outdoor with around 100-200 engagements mostly wooded so not a whole lot of wind. I'm having trouble choosing between three guns. I like the 416 design more than almost any other gun, but I need performance over looks. Can anyone help me out
    We scar
    We PDW
    We hk416

2. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    What's your budget? Most of the time for GBBRs, WEs aren't the best, but if you're set on their stuff their 416 would probably be your best bet seeing as they're WE M4 compatible and have a plethora of upgrades.

3. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Well my 16th bday is coming up, so I will hopefully get a good amount of money, but as of now I am unsure, the only thing I don't like about the 416, is I will need a npas system to meet my fields regulations, I'm not set on we, so if you have any other ideas I'm open

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The we pdw will shoot over 400 fps too. So you will probably need an npas system for that.

5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Look at kjw. I have read they are good, and might pick one up also.

6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    They're the most reliable OOTB but they suffer from low recoil and a lot of proprietary-ness. Of course, there are upgrades for them but it's much more limited than say a WA system.

7. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    What about the we m14 is that bad too

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

It will require a new trigger box-mech. Other than that it is pretty solid.

9. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Ok, do you guys have any other suggestions?

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The g&p WOCs are really nice if you can afford them.

11. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Around how much are those

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Check ehobby aisa. Or use Google.

13. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Wait how is the we g39 series? i was looking at the k a minute ago

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

They are not to bad. They are arguably one of the best rifles WE-TECH has made.

15. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I have a KWA MP7, and I have had a WE scar. My MP7 shot more accurately, further, and at a higher rps. The mags are smaller, hold more bbs, and for same price. (I found a store that had them for $40). I know it's not really a rifle, and it doesn't have much recoil. I would say it will outperform any stock we gun. My scar broke after two weeks, never even fielded it. Broke beyond repair. I know you aren't looking for a SMG, but it's just a suggestion.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

How did it break, I'm sure it was repairable.

17. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

It broke the hammer, which broke the piston and the valve, it wedged the valve into the hole that it goes through and deformed it. And broke the hop up. Chipped the top part of the trigger. It broke the hammer and valve in the same motion, I opened it up... Looked fine... Closed it up. Shot three more rounds then pssshhhhht there goes the gas. I opened it up and about 3 prices of metal fell out... I could have fixed it with a open bolt kit for $120 lol. (It was closed bolt).

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Lol, probably a lemon. Obviously common with a we.

19. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I guess real common lol. I looked online for other reviews, and although most people didn't experience the same intensity of my problem... There was stories of breaking hammers and such. My local shop said they didn't carry them anymore because of all the problems people reported. I sold it for $40 broken on eBay... Smh. Didn't want to deal with it. On the other hand... I understand there are a good number of kwa haters out there (for reasons I don't know) but I have fielded my mp7 for the forth time last weekend. No jams, misfires, any hiccup. I walked off right at 75 yards range with 1/2 hit ratio at that far, aiming up a foot with .3's. my scar probably shot 60-70, with 1/10 accuracy at that far lol. Maybe just a infamous lemon... Lol

20. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I've heard of the hammers breaking. I think someone said some epoxy somewhere helps that.