What Gear Setup Do You Use

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by soticman, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Chest Rig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Plate Carrier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Battle Belt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pockets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pouches on belt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Leg rig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (Please Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. soticman

soticman I like Koch Supporting Member

Thought it would be interesting to take a poll on what gear we all use. If it is not specified, click other and specify. Please post and tell us what you use!

2. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    i voted chest rig :D actually both me and my team mate use chest rigs

3. soticman

soticman I like Koch Supporting Member

Me too! I use a chest rig to hold my mags and a battlebelt for holser, IFAK, dump pouch, and speed reload pouches.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I voted chest rig because I like how lightweight and maneuverable they are.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    chest rig with a built in hydration pouch.

[​IMG]

6. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I run the same thing as alex. Saves a whole heck of a lot of room.

7. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I run a plate carrier. It may be heavy, but it has a lot of MOLLE on it and it stops BBs from hitting my torso.

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I use a lot of different gear. Generally I'm rocking either my EPC or Pantac RRV, though I' also enjoy the old BHD era ALICE gear over the BHI chest rig and PT body armor. We've run more urban oriented scenarios where I've been known to don a suit and tie with a shoulder holster or paddle holster. And once, for a Red Dawn themed game, it was all denim and high tops. You gotta keep it fresh.

9. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

Right Now I've got a Chest Rig. Even though thats the only setup I have I'm still looking at a couple of new ones.

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Love my Pantac Ciras. I run a dropleg for my pistol

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I run a simple belt rig. On the left side I have a double M4 mag pouch, On right side I have my 1911 and a double pistol mag pouch. I also run a drop leg dump pouch on my left leg.

12. samoneal101

samoneal101 New Member

Completely agree with 703. I think that belt rigs are the best. I do a lot of recon and get down and dirty, so the belt rig allows me to move easier than with a vest. Plus it's easier to get mags from your belt than right under my nose (personal opinion)

13. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Ah, but your hand has to travel farther to go from gun to belt to gun than from gun to chest to gun. If you learn how to draw your mag with the same ease, the shorter path means a faster reload.

14. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Battle belt system, with suspenders that are MOLLE, a backpack, and drop legs... Let's see that's 3 (or 4) of the choices, that means I win right?

15. samoneal101

samoneal101 New Member

One thing to say. Boom roasted lol but you're right, for infantry (or riflemen, whichever works) a vest would work because he/she goes through many mags in one game. On the other side, if you're trying to be shneeky (meant to be spelled wrong) then you would need to access your mags while in the prone position. Which means moving a lot more to reach under you rather than already on your hip

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I run an SAAV. I don't know what catagorey to out it under, I think chest rig seems best though.