What gloves do you recommend for dexterity and grip?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by R0bbyE, Oct 11, 2021.

1. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    What gloves do you guys recommend for dexterity and better grip overall? I'm looking for something very thin and not chunky like those hard knuckle gloves out there. I was looking at the 0.5mm mechanix gloves, what do you guys think about them?

2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I consider gloves pretty much disposable. Because after about 5 skirmishes they tend to be ripped up, so I basically just buy multipacks of what you mentioned. I've used thicker padded gloves but it's always awkward to do simple tasks with them getting in the way.

That's just my opinion tho.

JHat likes this.

3. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    What about the PIG FDT Alpha Gloves?

JibJib Wagon likes this.
  4. JHat

JHat Active Member

Elk Grove
    Almost all my gloves I cut the index and thumb tips off. Mechanix, batting gloves, doesn't matter if I cut just the tip.

R0bbyE likes this.
  5. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

The problem is, most of our airsoft guns have sharp cnced rails that just eat away gloves rapidly.

I wouldn't pay over 15 for a single pair of gloves. I've spent 30+ before and I felt it wasn't worth it after a few months of wear.

R0bbyE and JHat like this.
  6. R0bbyE

R0bbyE New Member

Bucharest
    Gotcha. Thanks for the replies.

7. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    I always just used cheap construction gloves with thin plastic knuckle pads that I found at a hardware store somewhere for like $10.

They worked great until I lost them. :(

8. FrostyNuggets

FrostyNuggets New Member

Missouri Valley
    image.jpg image.jpg

+1 on the random cheap construction gloves.

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Rail Covers for rail protection, both ways...

10. Nineball69

Nineball69 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Nomex/repro flyers. Cut the fingers off if you find them too difficult to feel stuff with. I find they're a great compromise between comfort/breathability and protection. Can get them in all kinds of colors and they're usually really cheap and available in all kinds of sizes.

I'd like to add that, like the others have said, they tend to degrade fairly quickly, especially the leather. Starts to crack and peel off, cotton starts fraying if you cut them to the knuckles.

Worst case scenario, you've got top-tier 80's/90's aesthetic on your hands.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  11. JibJib Wagon

JibJib Wagon New Member

Fairfield
    I use pig gloves with airsoft and real rifles and pistols and they hold up great are thin to dexterity standards and hold up pretty well

12. Graybeard

Graybeard Member

Silver Spring
    Motocross gloves are great for grip. Usually has some kind of rubber nuckle protection that will help a little….and can be found cheap….

JibJib Wagon likes this.
  13. Purplehair

Purplehair New Member

Somewhere between Dallas and Corpus Christi
    That's what I wear. Black for shooting, grey for working on bikes. You don't want to confuse the two :p

14. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford