What goes better with MC?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by GoldenEagle, Dec 13, 2012.

1. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    It's really a matter of personal preference. But, I like hearing other people's opinions. Which color of gear do you think goes better with Multicam, Foliage Green or Coyote Tan?

2. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I say full multicam. But it guess it depends on the environment. FG for woods CT for desert.

3. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    i think coyote looks best. that's what i run. i feel like it would go anywhere with the tan, but not in the green. i play in multiple environments, so i like to have that.

4. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    AOR1!

But khaki actually works best, it blends in the most. Kneif will be here shortly to explain.

5. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Eh, there's not enough heated argument for Knief to go dig up his rant on why khaki works well in just about any environment.

Not to say that I wouldn't want to see it again! :D

6. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Oh I remember him posting in a topic like two days ago and he explained how khaki works with multiple colors of MC.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I would have to say khaki. I don't really know what makes it look so good but it is just... there.

8. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    A man of my own heart. I agree.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Full Multicam would be ideal, but if it's your only vest and you might get a different pattern camo in the future, then you probably want a solid color vest so as to match both patterns. If that's the case, then go with khaki/coyote tan. Note here that Coyote Tan is different from Coyote Brown in most cases. LBT's Coyote Tan is much more akin to EI's khaki. Coyote Brown is usually a darker color than khaki/Coyote Tan. The real kicker here though is that none of these colors have any real standards across companies. "Coyote Tan" from LBT isn't the same as "Coyote Tan" from Blackhawk, and they're certainly different than whatever vest Evike might list as "Coyote Tan." The same goes for "khaki" and "Coyote Brown" and "tan," and any other shade of tan with a name. So in order for us to really answer your question, we're going to need a link to whatever item it is that you might be buying.

10. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    Thanks Knief. I had noticed that that was a glaring inconsistency across the board.

I.e., compare Pantac's Coyote to Condor's Coyote. One looks like sand, and the other looks like diarrhea.

As I am selling my Condor gear to friends, I'm planning on HSGI and Voodoo Tactical exclusively in the future.I'll still buy Condor and Pantac Pouches because they're mostly cheaper, but also because not every pouch needs to be an HSGI Taco, or a Voodoo Double Stack Rifle/Pistol pouch.

Always go mission-spec. That's the best advice I got out of this forum and it's the same reason I'm unloading my Condor Crossdraw vest. No such thing as too much versatility.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City

Man after our hearts. I think you'll fit in nicely. Getting RS gear is a good idea compared to getting airsoft brands, especially HSGI, Tactical Tailor, Esstac, etc. The stuff will last you ages compared to airsoft gear.

12. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Only correction I'd make is on Voodoo Tactical. It's only a bit better than Condor, really. Use this list as a beginnings guideline:
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f13/tactical-gear-tier-list-23537/

It's a bit old/outdated, but it's a good start for you. Some companies gave gone downhill or completely closed down, some have gotten better, and new ones have been started/discovered.

13. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Voodoo tactical is Condor. There's no difference between them. Skip them entirely and check out companies like ATS and Blue Force Gear for pouches and such. Really, anything available on www.skdtac.com or www.optactical.comnwould be solid.

14. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    No! It can't be true, my world is shattered!

Ugh, great...At least if I buy Voodoo Tactical (via Patriot Surplus) they have the lifetime warranty. My Condor stuff is mis-stitched and uneven. Not to mention, the plastic buckles are warped and won't close properly.

I need stuff that I can rely on.