What got you into airsoft?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by CQBsniper, Nov 30, 2012.

1. CQBsniper

CQBsniper New Member

Outlook
    How did you guys first fall in love with airsoft? Was it through a friend, a cheap walmart gun, etc.?

2. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    My friend got a cheap gravity feed corsman and I got a very cheap spring ar15 like 20$ from a flea market and we would play in the woods

3. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

I got invited to a friend's weekly airsoft club, and luckily for me, they were already past the springer and LPEG stage. So I got an LPEG for a week or two, then I quickly upgraded to an ECHO1 MP5.

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    There's already a thread for this I believe.

5. kevincull

kevincull New Member

It was my friend that has a m60 I got a horrible uramex walther mp5 navy and a spring pistol.

6. SpencerInAction

SpencerInAction New Member

Probably about 10 years ago my dad bought me and my brother these little mini mp5k's and ak's and they were powered by AA batteries. They shot full automatic but not hard at all. We would run around shooting bb's at eachother on the lawn. It was a blast. Those guns were so weak we could shoot them inside the house. I don't remember what happened but I miss those guns! Would love to bring one of them to a field to mess around with! :)

7. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron

Attached Files:

8. SpencerInAction

SpencerInAction New Member

I disagree. This thread differs from that one. People have friends with guns and they shoot them and fall in love with the game. That is what revived me back to this game.

9. Ratface

Ratface New Member

Well I don't remember all the details but mainly I think I got involved because my friends had airsoft guns and I got a little jealous. So, of course I had to get one :)

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yeah, the threads are actually different. That other thread is about your first game, this one is about how you got into airsoft in the first place. The things that appealed to me was the adrenaline and the teching, I love teching. :D

11. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I'd been paintballing a few times before, and I'd been on lots of exercise with the CCF. I was dissapointed by the accuracy and casualness of paintball, airsoft is just gennerally better (as most people here will agree :p). As much as I love corps, firing blanks isn't quite the same as being able to shoot at people. Tried it once and loved it.

12. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    i got a work from some friends. the boys had been into paintball but i had never heard of airsoft. as i'm walking into the house one of the boys says, "don't mind the assault rifles on the table. they're just bb guns". i think i said, "wow" or something like that. after the job was done i got to play around with them and was given some sites to go to and some brands to think about. 2 weeks later i ordered my first M4 and it's been all down hill from there. observed a day of playing about 2 weeks later and played my 1st real game 3 weeks after that.

13. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

That's going to be my Sig, cheers buddy!

14. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Actualy the other thread also talks about how you got started if you would have read the first post you would have known that.

15. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Go for it mate ;)