Featured What green gas pistol should I buy?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by likeaboz2002, Jan 8, 2018.

1. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    I have a budget of $120-130 to buy my first pistol. I want it to be full metal, reliable and durable, have a fair amount of after market parts and accessories, have decent capacity mags under $25, and, most importantly, it must be green gas (I already have a propane adapter and silicone oil). I have been looking at the KJW M9, as I own an M9 in real life and am familiar with the manual of arms, and it fits all my other criteria. Some less important criteria are cheap hardshell holster availability, nice recoil, a threaded barrel/rail system, and uniqueness, but none of these are essentials. Does anyone have any other recommendations for me?

2. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Active Member

Mountain Home
    KJW makes very good gas guns, so the m9 is a good option.

3. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    what is your opinion on the VFC M&P9, or VFC pistols in general?

4. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Active Member

Mountain Home
    I don't know much about VFC's pistols, but I think I read somewhere that they're like VFC AEG's: great externals, a few issues internally.
    IIRC they have trigger issues, and some parts may be proprietary. I did get to use a VFC FNX 45 once, and it performed very well.

5. mTrext

mTrext New Member

Atlanta
    Co2 is really good option because weather doesn't affect Co2 nearly as much and it doesn't have leaking problem. One the most reliable guns I have used is the Elite Force 1911. It fits your budget and you can make it quite modular.
    Elite Force 1911:
    https://www.evike.com/products/59814/

6. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
  7. TechTimm

TechTimm Member

Portland
    I can second KJW and KWA for making good gas pistols. I've owned a couple KJWs in the past, and a couple of my buddies have KWAs. Both brands from my experience are solid performers.

8. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    yes, most of the parts are proprietary, but there are brand new M&P9 trigger assemblies for $20

9. clinicallyproven

clinicallyproven Active Member

Los Angeles
    Good God no, if you're calling the EF/KWC 1911 any bit decent you haven't shot anything decent in your life. There is nothing "modular" about it; most/all the parts are proprietary, so good luck getting any better 3rd party parts for it, the aftermarket is made around Tokyo Marui, not KWC.

OP, look into KJW OR Tokyo Marui. VFC pistols are fine after you tweak a few things, mostly concerning the hammer.

Edit: CO2 may not be as prone to problems w/weather, but it causes unnecessary wear to the gun since you don't live in Antarctica; Propane does fine in most situations.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  10. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    thanks