What gun should I buy

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by maxluppino12, Jul 12, 2015.

1. maxluppino12

maxluppino12 New Member

So I play out door aloght and i want a new gun. I used to have a kWA sr10 and that broke on my second use. I want something more reliable but still the same accuracy and distance as the kWA sr10 with a fps of 350 - 450. I want a
    M4 style platform and a long barrel model

2. KingSofter101

KingSofter101 New Member

How much are you willing to spend? Because i would recommend the HK14 or if you want a lower price gun, get the g&g combat machine 16 long. both are great guns. ill post more when you tell me your budget :)

3. maxluppino12

maxluppino12 New Member

My budget is 350 - 450$

4. KingSofter101

KingSofter101 New Member

5. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    I have a word for you: research. Search the forums here. You will find numerous threads on gun advice for all price points and gun models.

6. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh hey. Someone who has no idea what the hell they are talking about and trying to give advice with no actual experience or knowledge to back it up. Look at his 13 post's for God's sake. XD

Really? Do you own them? Have you teched on them? Can you tell me anything about them other than "hurr durr dis dood on da interwebz seyz they r gud." Now VFC is a generally good brand but there's nothing I hate more than people recommending something they don't know a rats *** about.

Now, onto the OP's case. You have a pretty good budget and therefore have a few options. If you don't mind dipping your fingers in some tech work you can get a lot more performance for your money by buying a slightly lesser gun with the externals you want and upgrading the internals. But if you aren't comfortable opening up a brand new gearbox I understand and it's probably better you don't as you appear somewhat new to the sport and don't appear to have any teching experience. Anyhow, brands you want to look at with that price range are G&P, VFC, and King Arms. DO some shopping around and see what you like.

Other than that it's really up to you. Remember externals don't affect a gun's performance. And no matter the length of the barrel, stock guns aren't going to be shooting much past 180-200 feet accurately, if that. As long as you get the same line of gun within a brand, the internals should be relatively the same. Now if you want a little mmph on the field, you can spend the few remaining bucks on some barrel and hopup work to yield a little better than stock performance. There's a lot of resources already out there for people like you. The stickies section usually has good information for whatever you're looking for. Good luck!

7. KingSofter101

KingSofter101 New Member

wow, why are you so butt hurt? like what did i even do? Have a bad day? i guess you did :)

8. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

He's a knowledgeable member of the forum that can come across very blunt, but he speaks the truth. The CM line is terrible. It's always best to recommend guns you've handled, and at the very least, teched on.

9. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    5,400 posts vs. 14? I'd say he probably has more experience than you.

10. BlackNightBravo

Very contributive. Now please never give advice again until you have the necessary experience and knowledge to do so.

I may come off as blunt, but it needs to be said. We can't have a productive forum if people who honestly don't know what they're talking about are giving advice to poor new guys. I mean, aren't you kind of a new guy yourself? There's lots of information on here that you can use. But please don't try to give advice when you're in a similar position to the asker. (Also, only one of your links was an M4, as the OP asked. The rest were HK variants.)

@Major, Thanks, and right on. I've teched on quite a few VFC's and G&P's, so I feel like I'm in a position to be able to recommend the brand.

@Light, post count does not equate to knowledge, but I've used my time on the forums to educate myself. Not a lot of people probably recognize me now cause I took a long break from here.

Anyhow, we should stop crapping on the OP's thread. Another thing I'll touch on is that both VFC and G&P have some weak points, but every brand does, and they are fairly minimal and easy to fix should you have an issue. Again, good luck

11. KingSofter101

KingSofter101 New Member

i just started about a week ago, so why is everybody so rude on this site, wow maybe i should go to another forum on the web. i still dont understand what i said that was so bad

12. BlackNightBravo

Understood. And a forum like this is the perfect place to learn. But recommending things you know nothing about is the wrong way to make a first impression here. I get you're new, and you're here to learn. Learn. Don't teach. You're not there yet. :) Now let's drop this topic and stop thread crapping.

BTW, you won't find any other forums tolerates that either.

13. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Since you've only started a week ago, just sit back for now, let the more experienced guys handle recommendations, etc. That's what I do ;)
    Also, the last thing you want to do is recommend something to someone that fails down the line. It wastes their time and money, and makes you look like a fool :(

Also, this is the best forum out there IMHO. Not even from the US but AirsoftCanada is a f**king joke. Pardon my french :eek:

14. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    Is that for the gun alone or your entire setup- gun, clothing, magazines, extra batteries, etc.?

As a new player myself, I've found that there are many things beyond your gun that you will need: a set of BDU's or other tough clothing, comfortable and tough footwear, extra magazines, gear to carry your magazines and other items, at least one extra battery for your gun, eye protection, face protection. If I sit here and think more, I could probably add to this list...

Oh yeah: BB's (don't buy cheap ones!) I think you get what I mean.

Perhaps you should look for a good gun in the $150 to $250 range and give yourself some financial leeway. That is, if you haven't already accounted for this.

15. maxluppino12

maxluppino12 New Member

No only a stock gun from 400 - 500$

16. Bryce99

Bryce99 New Member

17. ManchesterElite_JB

ManchesterElite_JB New Member

You should look in to a elite force 4crs

18. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Stoooooooopppp, he can do so much better for 400.

19. BlackNightBravo

You should stop recommending things if you don't know what the hell you're talking about.