What Gun Should I Get?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by TheNegro, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I've had some experience with Airsoft Guns at a younger age[Spring Mostly] but Now I have set my sights on getting an AEG so i can war with friends, and occasionally go to an arena. I have been researching daily for the past week, because i don't know which gun to get. My preferences are a gun that isn't to hot for cqb, but can still do well in field. The maximum, i am willing to dish out is $120. Suggestions are very appreciated, and if you could please say what the best battery would be for the gun. Below are some guns i have been looking at. Thanks

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_409&products_id=10723

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_409&products_id=10894

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=706&products_id=11945

2. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Hi, I'm wondering the same thing as well with about the same budget as you. I've been leaning towards the JG G36C variants. I've heard some pretty bad things about the Lancer Tactical- was looking at that as well but hey, you never know right?
    I was also looking at the 400 FPS JG M5-A4 Tactical Airsoft AEG Rifle - Newest Production Run Model (http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/192...t-AEG-Rifle--Newest-Production-Run-Model.aspx)
    I just need an entry level gun. I don't really care for how the gun looks because they both look really nice- but the question is, which will probably be better for the money?
    - Oh, I forgot to ask, the JG G36C variant you posted OP, do you know if that's able to house a large type battery?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

3. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I just talked to a sales rep, he said that the best battery for the JG i posted above would be a mini, but even better, Nunchuck style battery. The gun you are looking at is very interesting, seems good for cqb, but field idk. Definetly nice. I'm probably going to throw out the idea of getting a lancer, too many bad reviews, and way too risky.

4. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Go with a JG M4A1. It's $140 and gets the job done. Plus being V2 and an M4, parts and accessories are limitless.

5. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Are the batteries included with the G36 recommended to use? I have a smart charger but it's a large type connector- might just buy an adapter but I'm not sure yet. I really like the MP5 but then again, the G36 seems nice too. Anyone know more about the internals about the two guns?
    Budget- $120+shipping

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    i'll look at it but i was looking for something a bit cheaper in price.

7. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    The extra $20 will be worth it.

8. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    From my gained knowledge in the past week or so, i've learned that most batteries that come with the gun SUCK. but call the company and ask them maybe.

9. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    Alright, I guess, those are going to be better than G&G combat machine right?

10. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    You guys know any entry level guns within my budget that have a full stock so I can fit a large type in it?

11. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    Any of the JG M4/M16s with a full stock.

12. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
  13. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I found a gun, it's 130 and if u use the code happy2013 you get 15% making it 110, its nearly full metal, jg m16. Look for some reviews on it. the large type battery on the site which is 9.6v is 50 dollars. making everything 160 but if you can get the gun and find a large type battery over 1600mah somewhere else for cheap it might be good for you

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4540

14. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Craigslist is what you guys need. I bought a a&k sr 25 in decent condition for $75 and it came with a few extra mags but I the sold it because its too big and heavy. Though the point is buy used look on the classifieds here look at Craigslist sometimes even eBay. I don't know why people are afraid of buying used.

15. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    Yeah, i need to go there i live about 10minutes away from the actual store, there stuff just seems so pricey tho.

16. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    Oh man, that looks nice. I wish it had more specifiations though. Metal gearbox and brushings are standard for full metal right?
    I just realized I have a 3000mah large type battery. Not overkill right?

17. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    as long its 8.4v or 9.6v it should be fine i think,

18. Jaejin

Jaejin New Member

Tacoma
    I think I'm going to get that probably. Know anything about the gearbox and other stuff?

19. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    I would say get a jg g36c... But they cant make them or sell them in USA because of h&k is not letyin manufactueres make modeled guns after their guns unless h&k licesenes them

20. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    It should be metal, just be ware that this gun is Full Metal, or 90% probably, and will probably get kinda heavy in some games. just saying. that is the only reason i didn't get the cyma ak.