What gun to get?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by J03Hilz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Neither, save up a bit more and you got a better arrangement.

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    The Well isn't bad, but you would be better, and save more money in the long run if you just wait, and buy a JG M4

3. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

I probably should but in the end you probably will end up upgrading them anyways so why not start with something cheap

4. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Because with the money you spend upgrading would cost more than a gun.

Plus the external on those things are horrid.

5. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

You do make a good point

6. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Better to get something like this. If you order by end of tomorrow and use code "bobsegg" it will be $108 delivered.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_166&products_id=3410

Many people think the JG G36 is the best bargain in starter guns. $101 delivered.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_166&products_id=4622

And here's a curve ball to throw something different out since you didn't say what type of play you do. $107 delivered

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_206&products_id=3110

7. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

Alright I'll look into these, and I play at a woodland field

8. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    JG is what you need. For you and what you're looking for, go with a JG. Unless you can save some money up. But based on your original thoughts, looks like JG will be the best bang for your buck. Post links to what you like.

9. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

I'm just looking for an M4 that shoots at a good fps (340+), shoots about 175ft., and is under $110. All I really do is play on my woodland field with my friends, I can't do anything too serious because there is no airsoft field even close to where I live

10. mikenike

mikenike Member

If you want to upgrade them, they will still be garbage.

The GB shell is probably junk on both.

You'd need to switch out most of the internals to run it with a decent motor.

The motor is also trash.

The externals are almost horrible.

I'd advise just picking up a cheap JG on these forums or locally, you can find some pretty sweet deals.

I picked up a TM Aug for $40 :D

Just don't get any of those Lancer Tacticals or Wells.

The A&K is iffy. It has worse internals than a JG. I hear good things about JG's. Not so good about A&K.

Any used JG, E1, G&G, will beat one of those Lancers or Wells.

11. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Ok. Well if you want something that can do that consistently, you'll need to spend a little bit more than 110. So, go to Airsoft GI, find a JG you like. Send the link here. This weekend it's 20% off JG.

12. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

Alright sounds good!

13. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Any of those will be good for you. I am personally a fan of the S-System, mainly because it's kinda the flagship of JG's line at this price range. And I like havin rail space, even if I don't use all of it. I would do any of the JG's and not go with the one from Evike.

14. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

Awesome, that way I can mount lots of stuff on it. Just curious, why not the one from evike?

15. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Evike is great and that gun is fine. It's just that the value of the JG's especially with the 20% off is unbeatable.

16. J03Hilz

J03Hilz New Member

True, and because 20% off and free shipping over $100 I can buy a new ak mag and apply a 15% off code too and get free shipping!

17. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    I've had a JG G36 for about a year now, and only had one minor problem with it, it's a good gun, however I liked my G&G Combat machine M4 better when I had it.