What happened SCAR/MK16/17 AEG Platforms?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Jonathan Vo, Jun 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jonathan Vo

Jonathan Vo Member

San Jose
    Does anyone know of any planned updated releases of an AEG SCAR platform? All I can find online are WE-Tech GBBs and used older Echo1 and VFC models, I also remember Classic Army released something SCAR-looking w/ a mosfet and their older Skirmish line internals. Are these older AEGs still worth the 250-400 price tag?

I would love to see a new rendition of the SCAR platform w/ some updated internals, possibly some improved electronics i.e. mosfets and E.T.Us. How do you guys feel about the SCAR system as an airsoft weapon platform? Would you guys wanna see some new SCAR models or is there a totally cool new model coming out that my pleb ears haven't heard of?

2. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    I think it's a very cool platform externally. Despite looking bulky they're very well balanced. I have a WE SCAR 16 AEG and I love it's externals but due to it being VFC style the hopup sucks. If someone made an airsoft version of FN's new SCAR SC that would be cool.

fred_ditto, JHat and Jonathan Vo like this.

3. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    Not a super new platform but I love my TM SCAR-H (recoil shock). Has last round stop/bolt lock function as well. Unfortunately not cheap either.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    CYB lost their license for FN products...so not sure who is trying to pick it up.

5. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    How'd that happen?

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Your asking how CYB lost the license?

7. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    G&G also used to make one of the best scars

-Spitfire- likes this.
  8. Overwatch97

Overwatch97 Active Member

Your basically paying for the gorgeous shell if you buy the VFC versions. Internals are pretty sub-par for what you pay for those.

The Classic Army and Dboys ones have the exact opposite problem. They have better stock performance but absolutely horrid and disgusting externals. (Like the wires that show when you fold the stock ) and a pretty toyish feeling body.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    G&G's last SCAR was over 3 years ago when a company I worked for allowed them to burn up their old parts and sell us one last batch.

As for CA...you give them to much credit about performance. They are not all built well, especially the sportline models. We had ones that hooked shots to the left like the hop-up was miss-aligned and would not seat a magazine. Yan told us we broke the guns by opening them to check and caused the hooking of the shots.

Then I had to send Yan a picture of how a channel in the gun can be made crooked by pulling out a part considering that channel is a milled part which is what the wings of the hop-up slots into. This cause the hop-up to tilt to the 11:30 position.

CA is a horrible company.

fred_ditto and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  10. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    How were the G&G scars? I've had 2 or 3 Top Tech models in the past, followed by a few Combat Machines, and every single one of them had problems and/or broke eventually. I've steered clear of that company ever since, even though they seem to be supported nearly nationwide by so many stores. Maybe I got a bad batch? I just find their quality to be doggie doodoo in comparison to other brands in the similar price range.

11. Overwatch97

The CA Scar L (CQB?, had a 247mm barrel) one of my friends had wasn’t too bad for what it was. I can believe it might have been a bad example. (I remember the tappet plate was mismolded and had to be filed down in one place) It was especially ugly on the outside but the compression was pretty good and the hopup was aligned well, so it at least shot pretty ok and worked out to 150’. I don’t know why he got one though. I advised against him getting one but he did it anyways because he wanted a “cheap Scar” and that’s the monstrosity he got.

12. Jonathan Vo

Jonathan Vo Member

San Jose
    What about that Classic Army MK22? It's based off of an ISSC gun IRL. The gun comes with Classic Army's skirmish internals w/ a mosfet. I've heard good things about the other Skirmish guns.

13. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Take that, reverse it, turn it around, replay it. Old skirmish-line guns are never good.

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    And they made teh ISSC 22 for one reason. My formaer company took away their orders for SCAR's so they end run us with a "clone" of a Clone.

Same junk internals...new name on outside.

By changing the outside the insides don't get better.

And my comments are proving true...what do they put in the air to make people want to think CA is good.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  15. Jonathan Vo

Jonathan Vo Member

San Jose
    Hmm, I thought they were pretty good. Gamepod Combat Zone uses them for their rental fleet. I remember everyone on the internet was raving about them before and after the newest ETU variants came out.

BTW If I reverse my comment and then turn it around again, I end up doing a 360 and no-scoping a kid in MW2.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Using them as rentals doesn't really say much. There was a field that used APS as rentals too and that still doesn't sing praises about their inherent aversion to quality.

They are used for rentals for one reason....it's Cheap. If it breaks...toss it and get a new one. And if it lasts 10 games...it pays for itself 2 times over.

Being there personally since the early 2000's. CA has always put out junk.

Who remembers the body flex of the TM M4A1's? The front barrel assembly would flex about 1/4 from side to side.

On the first CA Armalite M4...the whole front barrel assembly 'flopped" from side to side by 1/2 inch and this thing was made for a metal receiver...circa 2002 and have been in the gutter since...yeah the collar was to big and we would shim it with rubber bands and then metal barrel washers to take up the slop.

And their supper brittle stocks...that cracked when you tried to tap out the tabs to put in a bigger battery...

CA made a lot of money on their backs of their followers...and over the last 16 years...their reputation is not like VFC, Lonex, G&P or other "reputable" houses.

Heck even CYMA passed them as a good AEG maker...who remembers CYMA 11 years ago...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  17. Jonathan Vo

Jonathan Vo Member

San Jose
    Guges-1 Classic Army-0.
    Thanks for the update! I really hope someone else takes the step to make a nice SCAR model now, since Cybergun lost their trade license, I hope some nice replicas can come out.

18. Overwatch97

Their “real wood”

19. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    Like buying a glass of the house wine at a restaurant. The price of the glass is what they pay for the bottle.